Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant reach ninjatrader data server

Hi, i have a mirus demo account.

My log file shows "Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)" where it stays indefinitely. I can't even ping this server. tracert shows that I can't go any further than 69.31.10.174 at nlayer.net in chicago (i am in europe).

I realise today is july 9th and my machine is not infected with dns changer. Other websites are fine.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Hello r10101,

Can you please tell me if you are able to load historical data in a chart once connected to Zen-Fire? Please create a new chart for an instrument you did not load data before and check if the requested data is loaded. If so, it indicates you are connected to the historical data server.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi jason,

Sorry, perhaps i wasn't clear, i am not connected. The status bar simply shows "connecting zen-fire".
      It never actually connects and no data appears in my charts. The server itself is unreachable. I was wondering if there is an alternative server.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately there is no alternative server.

Can you please check for software such as firewall and anti-virus software that could be blocking the connections. Please temporarily shut down such software and try the connection once more.

Make sure your PC clock is set to the correct date and time. If you need to make any changes, please shut down NinjaTrader first.

Try a reset of your modem/router as well and check if this will make a difference.

Zen-Fire can use the following IP addresses and port numbers to connect.

ritpz02502.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.230) - 65000 TCP
        ritpz02503.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.231) - 64100 TCP
        ritpz02504.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.236) - 63100 TCP
        ritpz02505.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.240) - 56000 TCP
        ritpz02506.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.241) - 55555 TCP
        ritpz02512.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.207) - 44444 TCP
        ritpz02513.02.rithmic.com (64.202.118.208) - 40000 through to 41099 TCP

45454 UDP

Make sure these are not blocked/interfered on your computer (firewall, security software) or internet connection setup (modem, router, ISP).

Comment

I have tried restarting, checking my clock etc. I Don't think its my firewall either. Things were fine on friday. I cant reach any of the addresses you listed.

Looks like it is just an internet routing issue. I tried tracert on dnsstuff.com and it reaches 64.202.118.179 using a different route. Looks like i will either have to wait and see or contact my isp.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Ok, so i just created an account with amp and that works fine, dunno what happened with the mirus account. I still cant ping or tracert those addresses, they must ignore such requests as i am connected now. Network issue wasn't really an issue it seems, more likely a problem with the demo account.

Comment

I see, good to hear you can connect again. Could it be the demo connection expired?

Comment

No, I don't think so. My previous amp account ran out on friday, but it was quite a short demo period, so i created the mirus one this morning. When that didn't work i just created a new amp one. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Some time ago, Zen-Fire/NinjaTrader demo users that connect from a machine that had a demo in the past will be automatically disabled. This seems to clarify why the Mirus demo account did not work.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I'm opening a live account soon anyway. Just need a bit more experience with the demo.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rtwave
                    by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes