Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with color with OHLC charts

Hi,

when I use OHLC tick charts (black/black) and change to minute charts I always get a candlechart with lightgreen/red. When I then change back to OHLC charts they are not black/black, they are lightgreen/red.

I dont find a way that I always have black/black OHCL charts.

thanks

Hello unitrade,

When you change the chart type it will revert back to the default settings for that chart type. You can change the default chart type by setting up the chart type how you want it then right click inside the window and select "Set Default For 'Chart Type' Period Type. That way when you select or change to that chart type it will load those settings automatically for you.

For more information about saving chart defaults you may view the following link.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_defaults.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello JC,

I see. But woudn´t it be more logic to have the possibility to set every chart type I want ?

Comment

Hello unitrade,

You can set every a default for every chart type. When you change the chart type and right click inside the Data Series the "Set Default For ' ' Period Type" will change to what chart type you have selected. Please note that different chart types are going to have different settings for example LineBreak is going to have a Base period type, Base period value, and Line breaks instead of just a Value like Minute.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

hi,

in my way it´s not possible, sorry.

what i do!

1. i open a new chart with a candlestick chart pre defined with a bar with of two.
          2. then i change to ohlc (at the moment they are green/red) and change them to black/black and set default for minute charts with a bar with of one.
          3. then i change to candle charts and they have the right color but now they have a bar with of three.
          4. if i now change back to ohlc chart my ohlc chart is fine, black/black with a bar with of one. if i instead change the candle chart to a bar with of two instead of tree and save it or not and then go back to ohlc chart my ohlc chart is not black/black. it is green red.

sorry but i tried it hundred of times in several situations.

maybe the problem is that i am unable to save the selected chart type with a color i want. say candles - green/red and ohcl - black/black.

what i can save is default for minute. maybe this is the problem.

could you please try and tell me if you get the same results.

thanks

Comment

Hello unitrade,

Setting the Default Period for a Period Type will only set it for that specific Period Type, not the Chart Type. For example using a Minute Period you may set the Chart Style to be either OHLC or Candlestick, but not both.

If you would like to have multiple setting for the Minute Period Type you can create multiple templates by saving the current settings as a template with the steps provided below.

1. Setup the chart to how you want it saved.
            2. Right click in the chart and go to Template -> Save As...
            3. Name the template in the "Save Chart Template" window
            4. Click "OK"

Now when you create a new chart you can load the setting that you have setup before. To load your template on a new chart, in the "Data Series" window near the bottom right corner, select your template in the "Load the following Chart Template". Note that the chart template will require the same number of instruments as the number that you had set it up as.

Also, you can load it on an existing chart by right clicking in your chart and go to Templates -> Load... Then select the name of your template.

To set a default template to all new charts by selecting the "Save as Default". Right click inside the chart then select Templates -> Save As Default.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Chart Templates
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._templates.htm

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

JC,

I know all the templates possibilities. But I could not believe one on the globe could think that complicated. I would suggest NT should delete the button bar style right to Daily.

Hey guys. That doesn´t make sense.

I worked, I think, with ten or eleven chart software. NT is the first who thinks like this.
              The button bar style should give us the possibility to change in existing chart the style of the chart with the settings i saved for each style. Nothing else.

Make a test of every software. Every software does this. Every. And do you know why?

Because it makes sense to do it like this.

Sorry, but I cant believe this. Please change!

Thanks

Comment

Hello unitrade,

I will submit this suggestion for the enhancement of NinjaTrader to our product development team to be consideration for a future NinjaTrader release. We at NinjaTrader highly value the suggestions of users. Once I get a unique tracking ID for this request I will send it to you.

Comment

JC,

I like NT because it is not overload with things nobody needs.

A few things has to be done to make it much better. This is one of the things to make it really easier.

many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes