Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question about 3rd party vendor product (Fin-Alg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 3rd party vendor product (Fin-Alg)

I have a question about his product.

Can he just deactivate any of his product remotely?

The reason I'm asking,,,,,

I bought fin-alg (Final - Home) market profile about a month ago after one week trial.
    It wasn't perfect but I liked it enough so I bought it.

Now after I'm done with Mr. Dalton's course I needed one minor change and had a question about one function not working.

So I emailed the guy with the request and question.

A blunt email came back asking for $1,200 for the minor change (I wanted volume # next to volume histogram since it wasn't really accuate or correct compared to gomi ladder) without any answer/solution to one malfunction (period open marker was gone)

Last sunday afternoon, (I think it's Monday morning in Israel) I was able to get ahold of him over email and asked if he could help me fix the problem and email came back within 5 minutes saying he tried but nothing can be done.
    I didn't feel good about his asking for $1,200 custom work of a few lines in his indicator and flat out lying about his trying for solution,,,,so I asked if that's his best customer support and the answer was "yes",,,one line.

Now I'm kind of pissed and requested refund through Paypal and ever since that TPO indicator is De-activated.

So he can remotely de-activate my license? Any one had this kind of experience with this guy?

Is it even legal if he could do this?

BTW,,,no refund yet so it's still mine I guess.

Is there anything NT can do about this?

Hi Kalalex:

I am currently in contact with Final Financial Algorithms regarding your inquiry and would like to follow up with you by phone/email since you may need to provide me private information regarding your Third Party Add On product.

Please contact me at sales @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post and provide an email and phone number to reach you. Include Attn: Business Development in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to resolve.

Thanks,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kalalex View Post
      .. Now I'm kind of pissed and requested refund through Paypal and ever since that TPO indicator is De-activated.

So he can remotely de-activate my license? Any one had this kind of experience with this guy?

Is it even legal if he could do this?

BTW,,,no refund yet so it's still mine I guess.

Is there anything NT can do about this?
      The technical support that you received may have been lacking, even abominable, but there is a more simple situation than that here: you bought a product, then challenged the charges with the credit processor. Unfortunately, that is the only issue regarding your use of the product; namely, should you be able to use a product when you have reversed a sale.

Once the charges are in dispute, the vendor no longer has your money, because the credit processor has taken your money back on your behalf. That means that the vendor has the right to reposses his goods if he wishes. In the case of NT, that means he can simply deactivate his code, so that it will not run on your system.

True, you do not yet have your money, until the credit processor returns it to you, but that is not the vendor's problem. His only problem is whether or not he has your money. He does not, because your money is being held by your de facto proxy/escrow agent (i.e, the credit processor). You have no right to his code, once you challenge the validity of the sale. Once a sale goes into abeyance, because the buyer withdraws his offer, the seller has no obligation to provide access to the goods. Contrast that with any store: to get your money back, you must return the goods.

Fortunately, NT is very proactive in disputes with their vendor partners, and will probably step in to help resolve the issue regarding the non-functioning code.
      Last edited by koganam; 09-17-2012, 09:38 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling & grammar

Comment

Indeed, NT stepped in right away to resolve.
        It's all square now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes