problems with bar timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with bar timer

my bar timer on a 1 min chart starts counting down from 2:09 min.... similar problems with other timeframes.
    At other times the bar timer tends to keep counting beyond zero, into the negative...
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Jeroen

Charting

Hello,

I was wondering what version of NinjaTrader you are currently running?

Comment

HI,

just downloaded the last version

thanks,

Jeroen

Comment

I am not saying that this is what Jay is seeing, but I have noticed (using previous 6.5 beta) that when I am connected to Market Replay, but my session time has not yet started, then the BarTimer is not turned off, but is counting negative.

I have also seen this at the beginning of a session on the YM before the very first tick of the session has arrived. Things are often odd until that first tick arrives....

have not checked since loading this last beta...

Comment

Hi Jeroen:

Please confirm for Chris and I that you mean the latest version of NT 6.5 beta or latest production release of NT 6.0.xxx.x

In addition, provide for us the exact steps to re-produce including the instrument you selected and the datafeed you are connected to.

We will test on our pc's to determine if we can re-produce this behavior and will report back to you after you respond with the requested information.

Enjoy your day.
          RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yup the bar timer counts negatively when there is no trade, it needs a tick to start counting, you will see that in the evening sessions on globex especially on 1 minute bar frames as sometimes there is no trade for more then a minute, this goes away when in the regular sessions as you will rarely see no trade for a 1 minute period.

Comment

Larry22's observations are correct. The way the BarTimer works is in that fashion.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Larry22's observations are correct. The way the BarTimer works is in that fashion.
                While I understand what has been mentioned about needing a trade to reset, I'm watching the YM on a 2 min chart, there are definitely trades taking place yet the bar timer routinely runs 20 to 40 seconds into the negative past 0:00 before resetting. Is there a way to align them? Is it my data feed (Zen) ?

Comment

Charting

Hello,

Please ensure that your PC clock is in sync. You can do this by double clicking on your PC clock and running the sync.

Comment

Try the BarCounDown indicator here http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=2476

Originally posted by ts888 View Post
                    While I understand what has been mentioned about needing a trade to reset, I'm watching the YM on a 2 min chart, there are definitely trades taking place yet the bar timer routinely runs 20 to 40 seconds into the negative past 0:00 before resetting. Is there a way to align them? Is it my data feed (Zen) ?

Comment

Next NT6.5 beta makes sure there no longer are negative bar timer values.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred