Interactive Brokers - Stops are suddenly getting cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers - Stops are suddenly getting cancelled

I'm demotrading on the daily charts using chart trader.
    I've configured an ATM Strategy with a fixed stop loss.

Unfortunately, Interactive Brokers has this habit of temporarily closing their data feed around 23:00 (GMT+1) every day.
    This is confirmed by Ninjatrader's connection status: it switches from green to amber.
    Around 23:15 the data feed is turned back on and the connection status switches to green.

However, the stops created by the ATM Strategy are cancelled right at the point the data feed is closed (see attached screenshot) .
    Not sure if IB cancels the stops or Ninjatrader.

How can I disable this dangerous behaviour?
    Good thing I was demotrading, so nothing bad has happened (yet...)
    Attached Files

This probably is due to the fact that you're demo trading and not trading live. This wouldn't happen with live stop orders.

Comment

Thanks but..

Originally posted by Radical View Post
      This probably is due to the fact that you're demo trading and not trading live. This wouldn't happen with live stop orders.
      ...I'd like to have more certainty on this.
      Do you have IB as your broker as well?

Look, I don't want to wake up to see my account has been wiped out...

Comment

I don't use IB, and it probably is a good idea to wait for someone who knows for sure, but this thread may be of interest:

Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Comment

smatthew,

Radical's "Where orders reside" is definitely useful information for determining where your stop loss and take profit orders are at.

As far as your disconnection issue, there have been people who have found ways to disable this in this forum as well as at BigMikes. I would suggest looking for that, however I can't really help further there since its unsupported.
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your post raises more questions..

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
            smatthew,

Radical's "Where orders reside" is definitely useful information for determining where your stop loss and take profit orders are at.

As far as your disconnection issue, there have been people who have found ways to disable this in this forum as well as at BigMikes. I would suggest looking for that, however I can't really help further there since its unsupported.
            I've read the part about IB:

Interactive Brokers
            Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
            OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.
            I've actually noticed "Accepted" and "Working" states on the Orders tab. Is there a setting in Ninjatrader that I can change to prevent these two states? I can't recall wrecking my Ninjatrader configuration such that stops are automatically killed off.

As for the automatic disconnection issue: I've found a solution months ago Googling. The only thing I needed to do was to put this in the xml-config file: autoLogoffTime="99999999999999:15,AM".
            So now Ninja stays connected to IB. It's just the daily data "drought" at 23:00 for 15 minutes that seems to kill all my stops

I've paid $995 for Ninjatrader and haven't made (or lost) a dime since (just been demo'ing for two years).
            At the time I was hoping to get a foolproof charting and trading package with tight IB integration and great support at Ninjatrader.

Hopefully my expectations weren't unrealistic

Comment

Solution

The cause of the problem turned out to be really straightforward:

TIF (Time In Force) by default is configured to DAY.

Changed it to GTC (Good Till Cancelled) and now my stops are kept alive by IB

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Brevo
              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes