Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive CPU load with Windows XP

Hi,

I have just installed NT 7.0.1000.10 with Windows XP 32-bit and are as default using five charts. My problem is that when opening the workspace with these five charts CPU load goes up to 98% for a very long time before the charts finally are finished loading. This happens every day even if historical data from previous day and back is already downloaded.

The highest time frame is a 180 minute chart with 180 days. Next is 60 min with 120 days. Then 15 min with 30 days. 5 min with 15 days. And last a 1 minute chart with 7 days. In every chart I have an up/down tick indicator which goes back max 130 days so I understand there need to be calculations for this.

My computer is an AMD Athlon XP3200+ with 3 GB of Ram.

Could someone please tell me if this unavoidable or if the CPU load is something that needs to improved with NT?

Thanks,
    Laurus

It's normal for CPU usage to go to 100% when you're loading data. How long it will remain at 100% depends on how much data you're loading and how fast your CPU is, and no offense, but an Athlon XP 3200+ is really, really slow compared to modern CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
      It's normal for CPU usage to go to 100% when you're loading data. How long it will remain at 100% depends on how much data you're loading and how fast your CPU is, and no offense, but an Athlon XP 3200+ is really, really slow compared to modern CPUs.
      Hello Radical,

Thank you very much for your reply.

It's no mystery then. I was not sure if it was something with NT or if it actually was my computer being outdated for the kind of setup mentioned.

Thanks,
      Laurus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rene69851  
      Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
      0 responses