multiple connections - how smart is NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple connections - how smart is NT?

From the "Multiple Connections" document, I can see that NT will try later connections if the earlier ones are missing a particular instrument type, but will NT do this if earlier connection(s) are only missing particular instruments?

For example, if IQFeed is first connection, but is missing realtime DJIA data, will NT find that data from a later broker connection? Or if IQFeed is missing TF futures data, will NT look for that data from a later broker connection? In other words, will NT always find a source of instrument data if one of the connections has it? (And if not, is there a way to manually make this happen?)

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader will look at the first connection for all available assets and if the asset is not supported by the first connection NinjaTrader will then look to the second connection.

For example if you connect to Zen-Fire first and attempt to pull Equities data since Zen-Fire only supports Futures will then look to the second connection.

If the first connection for example IQFeed supports all assets Futures, Forex, Equities and Indexes it will only look at this connection for real time data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

You seem to be repeating what's in the Multiple Connections document, but this does not answer my question: If a connection is missing data for a particular instrument (like just the TF data from ICE exchange), will NT try to get it from a later connection?

Or does NT make such decisions based only on asset type (futures, stocks, etc.), in which case it would, for example, never find the TF data available from a broker if IQFeed supporting futures but w/o TF data was connected first?

And if latter is case, is there any way to override this behavior to ensure that all instrument data can be found?

Comment

Since IQFeed supports Futures it would not look at the second connection for TF data.

There is not an optoin specify which connection to be used for a specific instrument however we appreciate your feedback and have assigned this feature request ID #342 in our tracking system.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

xtra instrument?

I have a Kinetick real time account. Kinetick only has US stocks. Any other non US stock I need to look at on a daily chart I can use Yahoo. Unfortunately opening both Kinetick and Yahoo is not a solution, because both kind of stocks are of type "stock". Question! Is it possible to add an extra instrument type "EuroStock" for example. That would normally solve the problem...
          One way or the other this is a point that absolutely needs a solution because even using for example Kinetick and eSignal will not work properly... That is not acceptable...

Comment

Hello Sylvestro,

Unfortunately it is not possible to add an extra instrument type. We only support futures, equities, forex and indices.

Please note that NinjaTrader loads data from the first connected connection on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will load data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections simultaneously.

Since both support equities data, you will load data from the first connected connection. So if you like to load daily data Google, please connect to Google first and Kinetick second.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Since you have to assign an existing instrument type to a stock from an other data provider and Kinetick supports all existing types it does not switch to the second data provider... So it does not do that in most occasions as you write, it just simply never does it !!! Try it out !!! Therefore the question, please do something about this...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Massinisa  
              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Creamers