Install & Corporate Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install & Corporate Servers

I've been using Ninja Trader for 10 years on my own computer. Now I want to move it to my computer at work which is on a server. How is it that a sophistcated piece of software that has been around for as long as NT can't work in the corporate environment? How is it that every other program I use is okay to be loaded on a corporate server and use on my desktop? Why is NT avoiding being on a corporate server? I am upset because I've used NT for so long and I really don't want to change charts, but I'm going to have to abandon NT!

I've contacted NT support several times and I know your response is to move 'My Documents' but I can't do that because my IT / corp require server back ups from My Documents.

I wish someone at NT to could solve this problem!!!

Unless someone there can come up with a solution, I'll sign this is with a distraughted 'good bye' and I will certainly stop recommending NT!!!

Hello cgadaytdr,

You can download and install NinjaTrader on the server from the link below first.

Create a backup file on the computer as per the following link.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the server at the exact same location.

Start NinjaTrader on the server and restore your backup file.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, but I can't get to the Control Center to create a back up because after install while I'm opening NT I get the following message:
      "NinjaTrader application has encounterd a problem and needs to close"

Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Install & Corporate Servers' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

I can't get to Control Center! I can't open NT, it won't load because the logs (previous NT support)say its looking for the My Documents which is on the server. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Could you please manually attach the files in your email. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in your email.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20120612 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20120612 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send the email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Thanks agian for the help, but I don't have that path? Anyway to use Explorer search for the files? What is the extension?

Thanks

Comment

The file name is "log20120612.txt" or "trace20120612.txt". If you do not have such files, you likely do not have your settings and data either.

Settings and data are saved at the following location:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7

Could it be your (My) Documents folder resides at a different location? If so, please check for a "log" and "trace" folder which should contain your log and trace files.

Comment

So everyone can read, I went to email NT support and they say NT does NOT support My Documents on a network drive. Amazing and very, very disappointing!!!!!!

10 years of familiarity of NT GONE>>>>

Comment

Yes, unfortunately having the (My) Documents on a network drive is not supported as per the link below.

NinjaTrader 7 uses SQL database technology which does not support use from a network drive.

You initially asked how to transfer you settings from your computer to your server. I responded that this is possible using a back up file. In order to create a backup file, we need to start NinjaTrader. This is not possible on your computer because the (My) Documents folder resides on a network drive.

Unfortunately there is no other way to create a backup file than relocating the (My) Documents folder. Once it is relocated on your computer, you can start NinjaTrader and create a backup file. You can now switch back the (My) Documents folder on your network drive again. You now have a backup file which you can send to NinjaTrader on the server and restore your settings.

I will forward your suggestion to support NinjaTrader when the (My) Documents folder resides on a network drive. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

I thank you for your help and I apologize for my tone of my response. I just really don't want to change charts because I have custom indicators, etc.and I am so familar with NT. I'll continue working with my IT department and if something changes on NT's ablility please post.

Thanks again,

Comment

I finally got My Documents moved and was able to open NT and then I made a back up. I copied that back up to the My Documents folder on the server and then open NT on my server. I now get this error message:

"Unable to load custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files. Please restart NinjaTrader."

I can go to a different log in and log in only on my machine or C drive and open NT, but if I log in to server and try NT I get this message. What else do I need to do or what am I doing wrong now.

Thanks and again I apologize for my tone earlier in the week.

Comment

Responded by email, no need to posts it in both area's.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes