Newbie problems saving workspace & replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie problems saving workspace & replay

HI, I have been working with NT for about a month now and just yesterday got to the point where I tried to save a named workspace when my machine froze up - several times.

Also, tried to set up a chart (ESU12 for 6/4/2012 - 6/4/2012 all time frames) connected to the replay server at NT. While I could see the connection lights flashing as if some communications was going back and forth, the chart never displayed anything. Is this because I don't have a licensed version - yet?

Hello,

When using the free simulation key you will have access to Market Relay. If you cannot connect successfully please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    5. Reboot your machine.
    6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
    Download

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reinstalled. . .

OK, I uninstalled, clear all the IE cache,temp files and cookies. However, I use Firefox set to keep no history. I reinstalled and was able to recover a workspace (the only workspace named untitled1) there are 3 workspaces in the workspace directory but only untitled1 appears at the bottom of the workspace drop down menu?

I still am not getting to replay the ESU12 charts? Am I suppoed to download from Kineticks first then connect to replay server? Is that where the data comes from? do I need to fast-forward to 7am when the ES begins trading?

Comment

Can you please go to File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data-->Download Level I and Level II for ES 09-12 for a specific date.

Next please go to File-->Connect-->Market Replay-->Move the slider to the right until the date you downloaded is shown in the Market Replay Controller title bar as referenced in the attached screen shot.

Next please let me know if you receive data within the Orders tab of the Control Center as well your chart.
        Attached Files

Comment

Success!

Thank you! I did not understand that I had to use utilities to download the replay data first then connect to the replay server. That was it? So, now I can do that daily when I get home from work on both the ESU12 and the ESZ12 and practice till I feel confident?

One more thing. I'm with Scottrade right now but I can't use the Super DOM to do one click orders? Is that right? And Interactive Brokers and I think MBTrading want an initial deposit of $25,000 to trade these contracts? Is that an SEC requirement or a broker requirement?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Yes you may use Market Replay on any PC to practice trading however if you are using seperate PCs Market Replay data will need to be downloaded on each machine.

Unfortunately we do not currenly support Scottrade within NinjaTrader however you will have the ability to submit an order with a single click with any of our supported brokers.

I have provided a link below to a page that goes over all supported brokers that may be used with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post futtrader  
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes