Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoConnect feature: if used when feed is down, will crash Ninja

Dear Ninjatrader Technical Support,

It's a bit of time there is this issue with Ninjatrader 7 and I've already open a tick in the past: if the AutoConnect feature is used and the customer logs into the brokerage connection when the feed is down (e.g. on early Sundays) the result is Ninjatrader does not load fully; it does not show any of the workspaces and the Task Manager shows the Ninjatrader.exe process indefinitely but actually no Ninjatrader icon is being shown under the Windows Traybar.

The result is the user has no control of anything about the software and the only option is to kill the Ninjatrader process.

I still remember the time I had to uninstall and reinstall Ninjatrader probably because killing the process disrupted some temp files or database or something like that. Obviously all this happened next morning when I 'hoped' everything was fine after killing the NT process; so I lost important realtime data that I cannot retrieve with a delayed login.

The Autoconnect feature is very helpful and I cannot disable it but should be 'intelligent' enough to not stuck the software this way during weekends. The issue has been experimented with Zenfire and Rithmic feeds.

Do you plan to fix this annoying bug? Thank you.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by paulg; 06-03-2012, 03:49 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed post.

This is an item that I have brought up with development and they are looking into it with our next major release of the software.

A little background however this was specifically coded this way as if the control center came up before the connection was fully established this can trigger 2 load requests on top of each other for all your charts and cause double loading times. Therefor this is why the control center is not displayed until connect is fully completed but as you state there are sometimes where connection gets 'stuck' connecting that NInjaTrader does not have control over. In light of this I asked development to check into this and though I cannot confirm any changes in this area and it is being looked into for our next major release which I do not have a release date at this time.

-Brett

Comment

Ok, Brett. Thanks for the feedback and update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa  
      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Creamers