Problem Resetting Simulator Account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Resetting Simulator Account!

Hi, so I goto Tools->Options->Simulator (Tab) I then click Reset (Button) in the Misc Frame. The popup window shows "Reset Simulator Account". I select Sim101 and click Reset (Button).

Then the program locks up and stops responding. I also attempted to Tools->Options->Data and tried to Reset DB. The Reset DB also locks up.

If you could tell me whats going on here I would appreciate it. I am using IQFeed as my connection and I am connected successfully.

Hello rfritts2009,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

This may be due to the size of your Database and NinjaTrader is taking some time to fully reset the simulator or database.
    Please advise the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named "NinjaTrader.sdf".

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

The database size of that file is 146MB

Comment

Hello rfritts2009,

The database size is fine. It seems the database is corrupted since it locks up when trying to repair or reset. I suggest to rename the database, so you will use a brand new database. The sims101 account will be automatically reset this way as well.

Please rename your database with the following steps :

•Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        •Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        •Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        •Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        •Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost:– ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes