Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Trades

Hello,

I am testing out a certain strategy for the last week in May - when I run it during Market Replay, it takes trades. However, it takes no trades in Market Analyzer. Any ideas why no trades in Market Analyzer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello scotterynolds,
    Thank you for contacting NinjaTrader Customer Support.
    Market Analyzer is not an order entry tool like Chart Trader, SuperDOM, Basic Entry or FxPro, rather Market Analyzer is a tool that enables real-time market scanning of multiple instruments based on your custom criteria.
    For additional information, please visit the “Market Analyzer” portion of the NinjaTrader Help Guide.

If you have any additional questions, or this did not resolve your inquiry, please don’t hesitate to ask.
    JustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Justin,

So sorry - I meant to say Strategy Analyzer, not Market Analyzer.

Comment

Hello scotterynolds,
        Thanks for your reply.
        So I can pinpoint your inquiry, please advise me you are connected to when you are running the Strategy Analyzer. This is displayed in the lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        Also, what interval did you choose to run the Strategy Analyzer?
        Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you

Comment

I'm connect to CQG. Not sure what you mean by "interval". Using ES 06-12 on a 400 Tick chart.

Comment

scottyreynolds,
            Thanks for your reply, that was the information I was looking for.
            Does the strategy that you are testing contain ATM Strategies as the order method? If that is the case, ATM Strategies cannot be employed when back testing a strategy.
            Additionally, if your strategy is not performing back test orders, you may need to review how the strategy operates. If this is from a 3rd party vendor, please contact the vendor of the strategy for more in depth information.

Comment

No, the strategy does NOT employ ATMs. This is a custom strategy I am developing. The strategy works fine in market replay - there is something different about the Strategy Analyzer - what do I need to know?

Comment

scottreynolds,

This is Cameron responding on behalf of Justin.

Could you clarify, are you no historical trades being placed when you run a backtest of your strategy?

If so, you may need to enable TraceOrders to view what is happening with your orders, to see if they are being ignored.

Additionally, you may want to use visual queues, such as arrow drawing objects or bar colors, when your entry conditions are True. This way you can see when the conditions are true against a historical chart.
                CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, you identified the issue Cameron - the strategy is coded to only work with real-time data so I don't take trades if Historical is True - thanks for your help. However that now leads to another problem. I'll post a new thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick