Useless Message boxes all day long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless Message boxes all day long.

Today NT started popping up useless messages boxes all day long. The message boxes don't have any information to the user. Don't have a clue what the message is trying to tell me.

Any idea why this is happening?

Attached samples. Using IB and 6.5 beta.
    Attached Files

Probably some "useless" messages sent out by IB. Please contact IB for details.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Probably some "useless" messages sent out by IB. Please contact IB for details.
      Can I request that the message be less intrusive. Displaying the dialog box on the currently active application is annoying, NinjaTrader is not my active application but the messages are displayed on top the application I am currently using (FireFox, AmiBroker, QuoteTracker etc).

Did not even have an idea which application was displaying the messages until I used Spy++.

At least a user preference setting to disable the messages. None of the other applications that are connecting to IB are displaying these messages.

Comment

Can you please mail me your logs and traces to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com" so I could take a look what caused that (Help->Mail to support, subject "4 Dierk" + reference to this thread)? Thanks

Comment

I've been getting these today as well. I suspected it was because I am using the web-based TWS and it downloaded a new version today, which is far later than what NT officially supports, so I was not going to report it and just run with 877 tomorrow.

Are you using the web TWS or a local install?

Comment

Can you please mail me your logs and traces to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com" so I could take a look what caused that (Help->Mail to support, subject "4 Dierk" + reference to this thread)? Thanks
            Are there instructions for getting the logs and traces? Do I have to enable logging or does NT automatically do it?

I looked in my NT installed directory, I did not see any log files.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete S View Post
              I've been getting these today as well. I suspected it was because I am using the web-based TWS and it downloaded a new version today, which is far later than what NT officially supports, so I was not going to report it and just run with 877 tomorrow.

Are you using the web TWS or a local install?
              Standalone version and I haven't upgraded TWS in a while (using 877.8)

Comment

Please proceed as by my post below, this will attach logs and traces by default. (they are located in <my documents>/logs, <my documents>/traces).

Comment

Please proceed as by my post below, this will attach logs and traces by default. (they are located in <my documents>/logs, <my documents>/traces).
                  Tried to send the email. Got a message box stating something like "Expecting 220 but recevied: "

Not I have a message box stating sending mail that is stuck. Clicking on Abort does not do anything.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Charting

Hello,

Please send me your traces and logs as an attachment to support at ninjatrader dot com.

Logs are located from My Documents -> NinjaTrader folder -> Logs

Traces are located from My Documents -> NinjaTrader folder -> Traces.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chris View Post
                      Hello,

Please send me your traces and logs as an attachment to support at ninjatrader dot com.

Logs are located from My Documents -> NinjaTrader folder -> Logs

Traces are located from My Documents -> NinjaTrader folder -> Traces.
                      Sent the requested files via email.

Comment

Hi,
                        Not meaning to step on your thread or anything but I also had an unreal amount of these message boxes today running the latest versions of both NT and IB standalone TWS. I called IB about them and they claimed to not know what I was talking about when I read them some of the contents of them. Most of mine also began with SMART: yada yada yada.

Comment

Guys,

I checked this out: These are the bulleting sent by IB. You'll see them in TWS too. They usually mean some critical information sent by IB. Please contact IB for the meaning of these messages.

Anyway: We added some text to the message to identify the source.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

FYI, I had 2 - IB accounts open overnight on different computers. The first was connected to my NT and the other was just TWS. I had a couple of message boxes on the computer that I run NT on that read "Smart:TSE.JPN/JGB/FOP" and another was "Smart:TSE.JPN/TOP/FUT".

The strange thing is these messages were not found on my other computer with just TWS. I am going to put a call into IB this AM and see what I can find out.

Comment

Guys,

I checked this out: These are the bulleting sent by IB. You'll see them in TWS too. They usually mean some critical information sent by IB. Please contact IB for the meaning of these messages.

Anyway: We added some text to the message to identify the source.

Thanks for pointing this out.
                              Could you guys also please not show the message box on top of the current active application. ie. If NT is in the background, I would prefer to not see the message boxes when I am doing something else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielTynera  
                              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle