TD Ameritrade Equities Data Feed and Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade Equities Data Feed and Renko Bars

I can display an AAPL chart with chart type set to Daily or Minute or any time period but I cannot display an AAPL chart with Renko or Range bars. If I am connected to a TD Ameritrade data feed during the day Renko bars will draw. Why won't Renko bars draw based on past data if I try to display the chart after the fact?

Originally posted by dkrumholz View Post
    I can display an AAPL chart with chart type set to Daily or Minute or any time period but I cannot display an AAPL chart with Renko or Range bars. If I am connected to a TD Ameritrade data feed during the day Renko bars will draw. Why won't Renko bars draw based on past data if I try to display the chart after the fact?
    I suspect it is the same reason why you can't build a tick chart .

You need tick data, not minute bar data.

Try this - record the data , tools->options->data->real time data, save chart data as historical and record for market replay.

This will allow you to then pull up a chart with recorded data in renko for aapl (as long as you have that chart open all day).

Comment

Hello dkrumholz,

Thank you for your post.

sledge is correct, as TD Ameritrade does not provide historical tick data. You can view information on the data provided by your connectivity provider at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

The option sledge suggested is a good option. You can also subscribe to Kinetick, Historical data for all instruments across all intervals, including Futures, Forex, Stocks, Indexes, ETFs, and Market Metrics, is included with every Basic Service subscription. The Basic Service is already pre-selected on our purchase page, so you do not need to select any exchanges if you are in need of historical data only. To subscribe for historical data please do so at: https://www.kinetick.com/purchase

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin