Accessing TickSize from a custom optimization result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing TickSize from a custom optimization result

OK, I made a little file called Expectancy.cs in my bin\Custom\Type folder. It works as expected, and I can access that optimization result in the Strategy Analyzer. Well and good.

What I really want to do here is find the average winning trade and average losing trade that excludes "scratch trades" that won or lost just a tick or two. The canned calculations don't do this.

There's no IntelliSense available to me when I edit this file, so I don't know how (or if) it's possible to access the TickSize of my strategy from within that file. I also don't know if it's possible to get a collection of trades so that I can exclude those that win or lose a tiny amount.

Also, would my Expectancy.cs file be executed only once at the end of each optimization iteration, or also on each bar? This matters if I have a time consuming loop in there.

Finally, it would be really great if there was some way to feed a result calculated from within my strategy to the Strategy Analyzer for ranking. I don't see how that's possible though.

-Alex
    Last edited by anachronist; 05-21-2012, 07:03 PM.

Hi Alex, creating and working with custom optimization types would unfortunately be nothing we could support here - you should be able to access the Performance class and Trade collection though.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post terofs
    by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM