Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error connecting to Kinetick

Hi,

I am having trouble this morning connecting to Kinetick.

I have removed my virus software and NT, then re-installed NT with no luck.

A few lines from my log may help shed light. I have attached the full log from this morning.

21/05/2012 11:30:53 AM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    21/05/2012 11:30:53 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)
    21/05/2012 11:31:16 AM|3|2|Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654): No such host is known
    21/05/2012 11:31:58 AM|3|2|Kinetick: Unable to read server IP addresses: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has(LoginFailed)

My IT guy has tried to ping the server 64.202.118.179, but with no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Files

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your post.

I have tested Kinetick on my end and I was able to successfully conenct.

As a test, please reboot your PC and then please re-open NinjaTrader and attempt to connect, and then please let us know if the connection issue persists.

If the issue persists, please advise if you have any firewall or security software running on your PC.

Please let me know if rebooting your PC and restarting NinjaTrader resolves this matter.

Comment

I have rebooted, and NT has connected to Kinetick. However when I try and open a chart, I get the folllowing message:

21/05/2012 1:47:19 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for '$EURJPY Default': Error on requesting historical data: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 66.112.148.215:60050

I am receiving live price data however.

I have windows firewall running, and have removed my virus software. I on a network at work.

I am also having trouble connecting to PFG (albeit a demo account)

Cheers
      Chris

Comment

I have also noted that after I reboot, I can login to Kinetick. If I then disconnect, shut NT then open it again and try to login to Kinetick , it doesn't work. I than have to do another reboot.

Comment

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your response.

Does your work network have a corporate firewall? A firewall can prevent your data feed from running properly.
          Are you able to test this on another network? Perhaps your home network?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Patrick, I have tried from home and it works fine. I have then tried to login to my work PC, and that doesn't work. There must be some issue at my end. Once I can login externally I am sure Kinetick will work. I shall let you know if it doesn't, thanks Chris

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ChartTourist