Saving historical tick data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving historical tick data

I would like to retain long term tick data in my database (several years' worth). However, I use IQFeed, which allows me to download about 90+ days of historical tick data. Thus, I don't need to save the data daily, and I'm concerned that the "Save chart data as historical" option will unnecessarily slow things down, so I don't really need to go this route.

I want to be sure that I understand how saving historical data works in NT. So, let's assume that on Monday I start with a fresh installation of NT, connect to IQFeed, and that I have the "save as historical" option off. If I leave NT running through Friday, and then restart the program on Saturday without connecting to IQFeed, my charts will show nothing, correct? Only when I connect to IQFeed will it backfill from Monday to Friday, downloading the data from them? My question is, at THIS point, is the data copied to my local DB? Or, do I have to do a manual Download from the historical data manager in order to permanently store tick data in my DB? And just to verify, when the data is stored in my local NT DB, it's there permanently, unless it becomes corrupt or is deleted manually, correct?

JoshDance,

Most data is stored in the DB folder. You are correct in what you are describing. The data would be stored in your DB after reconnecting.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Adam.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM