Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the best setup to avoid having my entry order jumped during news events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best setup to avoid having my entry order jumped during news events?

I straddle trade news events but my entry order often gets jumped by the extreme market volatility that occurs. I usually place my oco orders 10 ticks above current price and 10 ticks below current price about fifteen seconds before the news is released. I use stop limit orders. Using market orders for this is not reliable. This strategy usually captures a lot of ticks when I get filled. My ATM is set for a 10 tick stop loss and the auto breakeven at ten ticks plus one. My target is usually forty ticks. I use multiple contracts for this and do get partial fills as well, which I would like to avoid. Does anyone have this strategy already dialed in and working?

Hello KX500,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Please see the attach picture which demonstrates how to set up a Atm template with a 10 tick stop and a 40 ticks profit target, with an auto breakeven at 11 ticks.

Also please see this you tube video which discusses how to place a bracket order
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Chart Trader" webinar covering the topics:How to enable Chart T...

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post love2code2trade  
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes