how to set daily bars to show closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to set daily bars to show closed

I have a strategy that I am using as an indicator and need to have the last daily bar show closed at market close. Currently I have my chart session set to 24/7, but I have tried several other variations with similar results. The last daily bar is still open at 10:00pm.

How can I force the daily bar to close and calculate at market close?

Thanks.

Hello billr,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer a few questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument have you selected? Or does this occur with every instrument?

(For a chart) what interval is selected? Is this a Day chart or 1440 minute chart?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      I am using version 7.0.1000.7 and I tried using 1440 also. I am using daily with CQG connection. I am using the SP500 index.

Comment

Hello billr,

Historical daily data is provided as per the regular trading hours (RTH) with CQG, so it will use the close of the regular session.

If you make use of 1440 minute bars, you can create a custom session template that uses the close time you like. Make sure each day captures 1440 minutes, so you will need to use the same start time and end time (next day). You can create custom session templates in the Session Manager. More information can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,
          Maybe I should ask the question in a different way to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

I often use the Strategy Wizard because the Indicator wizard confuses me. (I don't see how to insert any logic to direct where to plot the lines??) Anyway, I create a strategy that calculates on bar close. The problem I have is the strategy doesn't calculate until the market reopens (i think). Or if it does recalculate before open, its just too late. I want it to recalculate at market close. It is not doing that.

How can I resolve this. The sessions definition doesn't seem to address the problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Billr,

Thanks for the clarification.

In order to have your strategy start calculating as soon as the market open, you will need to set the CalculateOnBarClose settings to false. Otherwise the strategy will not processed until that Daily bar has closed.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes