Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your response.

I do apologize but I am confused, is the instrument currently within the Instrument Manager? If not, why would you not re-create the instrument?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello alexstox,

I do apologize but I am confused, is the instrument currently within the Instrument Manager? If not, why would you not re-create the instrument?
      Let's start again.
      My question was how to import my own instrument to NT from txt or excel file. And don't see error messages from NT that trying to update it.
      Jason answered
      "Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and remove the symbol map for the data feed you use.
      Remove and re-add the instrument to your instrument list once you made the change.
      I replied
      "After I clear all symbol maps for instrument, it disappeared from Instrument Manager. I can't find it there. It is only in Historical Data Manager, but I can't do anything with it there, even restore it in Instrument Manager."
      So, when I clear symbol map for own instrument it just disappeared from Instrument manager's master instruments's list.
      Than you, PatrickH, suggested to re-create instrument in IM. But how this will help? than I clear symbol map again... and further around

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Please send me your database so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support-> ensure the Database option is enabled.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 651995' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=49891

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and remove the symbol map for the data feed you use.
          After I tried to delete all Symbol map, NT shows message "You must assign an exchange in addition to the `Default` exchange". So, I can't clear all Symbol maps.
          So, how can I off updating only for one instrument?

Guys, please add opportunity to import to NT via excel or txt automatically!!!

Comment

Hello alexstox,

I will follow up with you via e-mail.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

I will follow up with you via e-mail.
              So, is it possible to not update only some instruments?

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

No, it should be possible to edit each instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Comment

In next releases?

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Please clarify on your inquiry here, I do not understand what you are looking for in the next release or future releases.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Please clarify on your inquiry here, I do not understand what you are looking for in the next release or future releases.
                      I will wait for this opportunity in next releases =)

Comment

Patrick,
                        I think I know what Alexstox is looking to do, as I have the same need. Many users would like to do the following: 1) Create an instrument that is not currently in the database (ie MyInst). 2) Programatically load data into the instrument MyInst OR 3) Via NT GUI load data into the instrument MyInst. 4) Create a chart with MyInst as the data source. 5) Not have NT try and load new data from a data provider into MyInst. 6) Update the data in MyInst via one of the two methods mentioned.

What I really need is #2, so I can load the data via Ninjascript, or directly to the files of data. Now I've read posts before that state that the instrument data is just data in files located in ninjatrader directories. What if I updated those data files, would the chart update based on changes to those?

Hello alexstox,

Comment

Hello tradetree,

Thank you for your post.

The Historical Data is stored in the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db > either tick, minute or day respectively.

You can add, edit and export Historical Data using the Historical Data Manager (Tools > Historical Data Manager). For information on the Historical Data Manager please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ta_manager.htm

If you do not want NinjaTrader attempt to load the data from the data feed provider please go to Tools > Options > Data > disable the option for 'Get data from server'.
                          For information on the Data tab please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/data_tab.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thank you for your help. But this "disable the option for 'Get data from server'" will affect all instruments =)

Comment

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
                              Patrick,
                              I think I know what Alexstox is looking to do....
                              I totally agree with Tradetree. As I wrote before, this opportunity will help to use own instruments and indicators, which are based on data that are not provided by anyone.
                              For example, COT data for futures or some fundamental statistical data etc.

Comment

As alexstox pointed out this is a big problem. I have 10 strategies that I run. I want 1 of the 10 to use special data I get from another source. What you are saying is that this is not possible. So what will happen when none of my data feed providers has the symbol? Will it kill NT? Will it spit out a bunch of errors but still work? Under what conditions will it "get data from server"? It would help alot to know if this is a dead-end because it is much worse to put a lot of time in just to find out NT won't let me do something. For example, I can write code that will recreate the database files for my special bar data, if that would help solve this.

Hello tradetree,

If you do not want NinjaTrader attempt to load the data from the data feed provider please go to Tools > Options > Data > disable the option for 'Get data from server'.
                                For information on the Data tab please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/data_tab.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by samish18, Today, 11:26 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post samish18  
                                Started by Trader146, 03-29-2024, 01:22 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes