Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple entry question

Hello NT support,

I have a problem. When I have opened e.g. 4 long entry order in order to scale in: Long1, Long2, Long3, Long4.
    How can I query the properties in NT:
    - how many orders are opened at same time,
    - how can I query the properties(e.g. Quantnity) of the unique opened order? (when I know the name of it too)
    Yes I know I could pass the properties to the IOrder Long1, IOrder Long2... at sending the order, but if would be 8-10 entry orders in a given case, and it will be hardly to manage the orders. Therefore would be important, when I'd like to scale out and I'd like to close the unique opened order with specified Quantity, and name.

thanks for answer

marotom, you would need to work with the more advanced IOrder objects here to query those needed properties.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

yes, this is an possibility, but the NT stores the opened order with the exact property such as the quantity, as can be seen in the trades tab. It would be eaesier to reach this list insteed of use many IOrder object to make more difficulter the script. Does it exist to reach the NT internal order list fast way to query the properties?

Comment

There would be programmatically accessible Trade collection as well for historical and realtime trades, however this would only be updated for closed trades, which would not help you - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../nt7/trade.htm

IOrders would be the best way to get the detailed infos you need for your script.

We have an enhancement request noted for a prebuild orders / executions list exposed for access, I've added your vote in here.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. Thanks. It would be great to access this opened order list, it would be improved the most perfected scale in, and scale out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by matty89, 03-02-2020, 08:31 AM
          34 responses
          1 like
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB