Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle Patterns Question

Hello NT Support,
    I'm trying to understand the definition of 'trend strenth' : The number of required bars to the left and right of the swing point used to determine trend. Included is a screenshot of a strategy to go short on a shooting star with a 10 candle bar trend strenth. Also included is a screenshot of chart of the /CL. (2 min.) I can't figure out how the program counts the bars to right and left of 'swing point' nor how to figure the swing point. My purpose is to find the shooting stars at the top of 2 min. trends (or other intra day trends of varying time frames).
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello thinkster,
    Thanks for writing in and I am happy to assist you.

The trend is defined by the Swing indicator that comes with NinjaTrader. The trend strength is the number of bars required to define a trend when a pattern requires a prevailing trend (which is defined by the Swing indicator).

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    Attached Files
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Joydeep.
      Also I want to exit short if any bar close above high of shooting star or hit target (15 ticks). But my Exit Short Condition and Target Condition didn't do as I wanted. Screenshots enclosed.
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello thinkster,
        You condition you have build states that if current close is greater than previous high then exit long.

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not possible via the Strategy Wizard. You have to unlock the code and add additional codes via the NinjaScript editor.

You can use the MRO function to get the bar number where the shooting star occured. Then compare it with the current close. A sample code snippet will be like:
        Code:
        int mro = MRO(delegate {return CandleStickPattern(ChartPattern.ShootingStar, 4)[0] == 1;}, 1, 20);
        if (mro > -1 && Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat && Close[0] > High[mro])
        {
        	ExitLong();
        }

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM