Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZL & ZM with IB

Hello,

With the change to Globex a few symbols are not working, ZL and ZM are two of them. I checked instrument manager, found that the IB mapping was gone, added it, removed the symbols from my list, added them back, restarted Ninja, still no joy. Can someone confirm that these are working with Globex and perhaps point out something I am missing?

It appears all the symbols that were reset with IB mappings by the reset process are working, like YM and ZW.

Thanks,
    Guy
    TraderGuy
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EMS

There was an issue earlier that has now been resolved. Please uninstall and follow the instructions here once more: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/EC...Migration.html

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Followed the procedure, no luck. Symbols ZL & ZM are not working, ZW and ZS are fine, as they were before. Are you able to get a feed from IB with ZL and ZM? I have attached my setup for ZL.
      Attached Files
      TraderGuy

Comment

Hello,

Actually, now none of the converted symbols are working for me with IB and Globex as the exchange.

If I change each back to ECBOT they seem work. FYI, IB still lists the exchange in TWS as ECBOT.

Does anyone have the migrated symbols working with IB and Globex as the exchange?

Guy
        TraderGuy

Comment

TraderGuy,

I have IB as my data provider and OpenTick as my backfill. I am having similar problems with getting NT to work with the IB data. Hopefully this will get resolved before the open tomorrow.

Comment

Art,

Thanks for confirming the issue. I have changed my symbols back to ECBOT as a workaround. Not sure how that's going to work out, I can see the prices in Market Analyzer and my charts are updating.

Regards,
            Guy
            TraderGuy

Comment

Please see instructions at the link below. We updated the software at about 7 EST to reflect some changes for IB. Running through the instructions again will ensure that IB will work with OpenTick etc...

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

Does this require me to unistall the software and then download again? Is so, can I backup my workspaces and import into the latest update?

Comment

Thanks,

Josh gave me these instructions earlier, apparently I missed a step as it didn't work for me the first time. I did it again and everything is working as expected so far. Thanks Josh and Ray.

Art,

I uninstalled, cleared browser cache, downloaded, installed, and followed the instructions. My workspaces came back without needing to be restored. You may need to add symbol mapping, I did for ZL and ZM. Take a look at the mapping for ZW, you can use that as a guide.

Guy
                  TraderGuy

Comment

TraderGuy,

I don't see any mapping for ZW. Earlier you attached a ZL mapping. Is that what you are referring to? I am assuming that it should not be necessary for me to do any remapping if I follow the instructions for upgrading and migration that have been posted. It appears that the only thing I did wrong at this point was tried to do it to early. IB evidently was not giving clear instructions on their data and this has caused the hiccup. Anyway, glad that you are up and running.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH