Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instruments in Market Analyzer

Hi,

1) How do I remove all instruments in the instrument list in Market Analyzer

2) Where can I find a NT compatible (i.e. Kinetick EOD free data) instrument list with ALL the US stock symbols they provide data for - preferably all approx 7,000 US stocks.

3) How can I easily load the instruments in 2 above into my NT market analzyer?

Thanks

Rasmus

rassom,

I am happy to assist you.

You can right click in the market analyzer, and go to "Remove row".

You can add stock lists by following the instructions here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm

Kinetick would offer many stocks www.kinetick.com
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the answer, but you didn't really answer any of my questions. Would you please re-read and answer again?

Thanks
      Rasmus

Comment

rassom,

You can add/remove instruments from lists using the instrument manager.

I am not aware of anywhere to find these stock symbols unfortunately. Someone else may be able to help you there.

You can load instrument lists as following : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm

If you right click in the market analyzer, there is an option to add a "list" of symbols, however this list is setup in NinjaTrader using the instrument manager. The aforementioned link is designed to help you import a list of stock symbols into the instrument manager.

Comment

Hi Adam,

Thanks for looking at it again but still not quite satisfactory answers, sorry

1) Keyword here was how to delete *all* instruments in the market analyzer, but just forget this question - I figured out another way. Close the market analyzer and open a new one (which will then be blank, ready for importing symbols into).

2) It surprises me that NT doesn't come default with a list of all US symbols, or at least something like the Russell 3000 and not just the DOW, S&P500 and NAS100 as of now. Is it really true you can't point me to a complete symbol list of your preferred data partner (Kinetick)?

3) I found this out myself too.

Remaining is question 2 that I'd really love a good answer to

Thanks in advance :-)

Rasmus

Comment

rassom,

Unfortunately there is no way to delete all the instruments.

You can find what symbols are offered here for Kinetick :

Unfortunately we don't have any stock lists that are available from us, however you can generally find these by doing a quick search either through our forum or on google. Then, you can use that link I provided on how to import stock lists to get them imported into NinjaTrader.

Here is something I found for NYSE : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...52&postcount=1

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
              Unfortunately we don't have any stock lists that are available from us, however you can generally find these by doing a quick search either through our forum or on google. Then, you can use that link I provided on how to import stock lists to get them imported into NinjaTrader.

Here is something I found for NYSE : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...52&postcount=1

Please let me know if I may assist further.
              Hi Adam,

I am sorry but could I request an answer from somebody else at NinjaTrader, please? I am generally extremely impressed by the service of the NT team, but the answers to this thread are becoming a joke.

I did (of course) try googling for the stock list(s) as well as look in the NT forums and the answer is no, such list(s) are neither quickly nor easily found. Also, you are linking to a NYSE list from 2010 which is by definition of the year not up-to-date. And no matter what: Not a full list of all US stocks.

Please pass on this support request to someone else at NT.

Sorry and thank you,
              Rasmus
              Last edited by rassom; 05-14-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Rasson,

This is Brett further assisting for Adam.

I have reviewed the tread, the list we have available for kinetick which you requested can be found here, however they are only organized by exchange.

Any other organization you would need to do as far as grouping stocks up into lists the represent index's you would need to do on your own. We do not have this done for you automatically with NinjaTrader.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes