YM move to GLOBEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YM move to GLOBEX

for some reason I am not getting NT emails for beta upgrade and YM symbol map changes...probably spam blocker

could you please post the new symbol map for the YM on GLOBEX?

thanks

Please read more here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/EC...Migration.html

Comment

thanks

read that already....I thought maybe NT was introducing a new mapping symbol for the YM

just need to wait for the move to complete...I have changed all charts to YM 03-08 GLOBEX and still get an error saying NT can not pick up data for YM 03-08 eCBOT

I was wondering why NT is still looking to ecbot data when all my charts have the globex instrument
      Last edited by ATI user; 01-13-2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Please double check that you followed exact steps as outlined. All steps necessary are outlined there.

Please be specific:
        - please post complete (!) error message/log
        - which provider are you connected to?

Comment

corrupt workspace

It would appear the problem was a corrupt workspace which would not let go of the YM 03-08 eCBOT instrument

I am running 6.5.0.5 and did everything per your instructions including reset of instruments.

Since the old workspace and charts would not load, I created a new chart in the old workspace and no problem.

So I created a new workspace with 12 YM charts, all no problem, and closed NT.

I then opened NT, with the new workspace and connected to Zenfire. All charts loaded YM fine. I then opened the old workspace and got the same errors.

see pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for making us aware of that!

Comment

Dierk

I just tried on second computer...this time very careful to follow these steps:

- open NT
              - close workspace (YM charts)
              - reset instruments
              - remove/add YM from instr mgr
              - open workspace
              - connect zenfire
              .......errors.....
              - close workspace
              - create new workspace with YM charts...no problem loading data
              - close NT
              - open NT with new workspace
              - connect zenfrie....no problem
              - open old workspace....errors.....
              - deleted old workspace

bottom line: old workspace would not let go of old YM 03-08 eCBOT instrument on 2 computers

solution: create new workspaces/charts for YM after YM move to GLOBEX

Comment

Correct, we amended instructions accordingly: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/EC...Migration.html (please make sure you refresh your browser cache to see the updated version)

Thanks again for making us aware of that.

Comment

I am having the exact same problems (as ATI user) except I am not able to remedy with new workspace and chart. I followed the upgrade to 6.5.0.5 exactly as outlined (even in the new posted "ECBOT to CME Globex Product Migration Information"). YM is not linked to globex in Instrument Mgr. (see attached) it is still linking to eCbot. Is there an .ini or .dat file I should re-copy or modify? (I have not done ANY fussing with NT files. This is all "as installed")

Thanks,
                  Bob Perry
                  Los Altos, CA
                  Attached Files

Comment

The likely situation is that you missed a step in the instruction set. Please make sure you press the "Reset Instruments" button. NT will take a few minutes to import factory instrument settings.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi All,
                      Yes , I had all this as well, but having re read latest instructions

"I am using NinjaTrader 6.5 Beta ...
                      You are required to upgrade to the latest Beta 5 version 6.5.1000.5.

1.Download and install 6.5.1000.5 Beta (What's New) (Download)
                      2.Start NinjaTrader
                      3.Select the menu Tools > Options > Misc > Reset Instruments
                      4.Follow the instructions for Resetting Instruments in an Instrument List below
                      5.Read the Recovering Workspaces information

In particular this,

"Recovering Workspaces
                      If you restart NinjaTrader any recovered windows (charts, SuperDOM etc..) that held a migrated product (YM 03-08 on ECBOT for example) will generate an error. To resolve this, change the instrument of this window to a different instrument and then back to the new instrument that has now been migrated to the Globex exchange. "

All is well and all my old work spaces are there safe and sound with the now Globex data feed

Thanks
                      Michael B

Comment

I followed the instructions to the letter. However, for some reason, the Ninjatrader6.5 directory in "MyDocuments" was not allowing files to be overwritten and when I tried to delete it, I got "file in use by some application" errors even after rebooting. I was finally able to delete the directory in safe mode and after 3 tries, was successful in installing ver 5. Whew. It works like it's supposed to now. I have never had any problems with a NT install before now.

I reinstalled backup ninjascripts and templates, made new connections and workspaces, so everything seems normal now.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Perry
                        Los Altos, CA

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ZenCortexHurry