Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you trade with NT to MBTrading?

Hello everyone,

I'm just about to purchase NT, but I have a question regarding how it is being used.

I have an MB Trading account (MBT Desktop Pro) that allows me to trade equities, future and stocks already. And I also have a MBT Forex Account (Metatrader) that allows me to trade forex already.

Now that I have everything in place, is there a way for me to execute all my strategies via Ninjatrader and it will automatically get transferred to MBT Desktop Pro (for equities, futures, and stocks) and Metatrader (for forex trades).

That would be a truly fantastic situation for me

My apologies for the questions, very new to ninjatrader here but loving the software already!

Hi comfysofa,

Thanks for your post.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, you're looking to use NinjaTrader for stock and futures trading while using metatrader for forex trades? This should be just fine.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey there,

Yes I intend to do that, but can Ninjatrader be used to automate the trades of metatrader too? For example, can I operate solely from Ninjatrader to trade forex and stocks and equities without touching the other instruments provided by MB Trading?

Comment

Hi comfysofa,

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader cannot be integrated with Metatrader in any way. That said, it would be possible to use NinjaTrader to manage forex trades as well as the future/equity trades you've already mentioned.

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply (: Is it possible for Ninjatrader to trade equities on a demo MB Trading account? You know, as practice before the real thing?

Comment

Hi comfysofa,

Yes, that should be possible however as the account is external to NinjaTrader a live license would be required.

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply.

How would you advice me to trade demo first with Ninjatrader without an external application then?

Comment

Hi comfysofa,

With the free version of NinjaTrader you will have full access to NinjaTrader's internal Sim101 account.

Comment

Yup, I noticed that. Sorry for being a newbie here, but If i wish to demo trade a certain stock, for example google GOOG, how do I go about doing that? Not backtest, but just to see how my strategy would perform in real time.

Is there a way to do that?

Comment

Hello comfysofa,

This is JC responding on behalf of Kyle.

There are a couple different ways to test a Strategy in real-time.

First, you can go to the “Strategies” tab in the “Control Center” right click inside this tab, and select “New Strategy…”. Select the strategy you want to run by left clicking in the drop down menu to the right of “Strategy” to view your list of strategies. Then, you can set all the parameters of the strategy you would like to test below.

For more information about "Running a NinjaScript Strategy from the Strategies Tab" you may read our online help guide at the following link.

Another way to run a strategy is in a chart. Note that when you run a strategy in a chart you can only select an instrument that you have loading in that chart. Example: if you have a “GOOG” “1 Min” chart, you will only be able to select a “GOOG” “1 Min” instrument. To run a strategy inside a chart left click on the “Strategies” button in the chart toolbar, it is the second one from the right. That will bring up the “Strategies” window where you can select the strategy you would like to run and all of its parameters in the right panel. Make sure to set “Enabled” to True if you want your strategy to run.

For more information about "Running a NinjaScript Strategy from a chart" you may read our online help guide at the following link.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the really clear reply. (;

Alright, one last thing then. How do I attain this live feed of the GOOG 1 minute data? Or perhaps if I'm trading only daily timeframes, is there a way to attain this data real time?

Thanks and thanks and more thanks for all the guidance so far, ninjatrader forum support is really as top class as they say it is. (:

Comment

Hello comfysofa,

Although NinjaTrader itself is not a provider of market data, we have partnered with the leading market data and brokerage technologies to ensure that you have choice.

Show me a list of your supported connectivity options.
                        Show me a list of Brokerage Partners.

If you require either real-time and/or historical market data we recommend Kinetick.

Click here to learn more about Kinetick's service offerings.

Note that NinjaTrader does support MB Trading as a data provider. See the link below.

Click here for the Connection Guide for MB Trading

Additionally, click here to learn more about the varying levels of real-time and historical market data offered by our partners.

NinjaTrader 7 does come preloaded with a Kinetick - End of Day (Free). You can connect to it by going in NinjaTrader to > File > Connect > Kinetick - End of Day (free). This connection will give you access to historical Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data.

Connection steps can also be found at: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Connect

Please note that the EOD connection provides access to historical daily data only, allowing you to access Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data for free. For any other historical data or Live data you would need to subscribe to the Basic Service and potentially one or more additional packages.

Once you ready for Live or Intraday data and let us know what instruments, services or exchanges you're interested in, we'd happily provide you with our great pricing options.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 05-16-2012, 08:05 AM.
                        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Waxavi
                        by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                        0 responses