Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to deal with multi accounts with IB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with multi accounts with IB?

My question is:
    How can I deal with multi accounts with IB? Do I have to run every seperate TWS for each account? Does NT7 support IB's master-sub accounts structure?

Hello Majorshi,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader can connect to multiple different IB accounts that have separate login username and passwords at the same time. To set this up please see the instructions below. In order to do this however, the user must manually start TWS multiple times for each account first in the morning, then connect with NinjaTrader since the auto startup functionality does not work with multiple logins.
    • Manually start TWS from the desktop, if you have two accounts start it up twice with each account logged in.
    • When platform has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value. Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username. Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
    • In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
    • Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.

If you are referring to Financial Advisor accounts and their sub-accounts, then yes we do support these.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

mutli accounts or multi sub-accounts

Hi
      On a twist of this topic I have some further questions:

O neIB master account, with 3 sub-accounts
      Different manual strategies to be used on same market (say, DAX) at the same time: Strat 1 on account 1 (can be the Master account itself), strat 2 on sub-acc 2. They may be concurrent or not

In order to trade this from charts I would need:
      a) NT to connect to a data feed (it could well be the same IB Master account)
      b) NT connected to IB Master in any case for live trading
      c) THIS IS WERE IT GETS CONFUSING: how can I trade strat 1 on Master/sub acc 1 and strat 2 on sub-acc 2?
      1. Do I need to log into TWS 1 AND TWS 2, etc. for all accounts (they all have different login and PW) and connect them to NT, as you are suggesting here? And will I need a multibroker licence for this?
      2. Do I need to connect to the Master account only and ….then what: how can I tell NT that strat 1 should go to acc 1, etc? And would I need a single or multi broker licence for this?
      Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello gretrader,

Thank you for your post.

As you indicated you will need to start an instance of TWS for each account. The same method detailed for Majorshi below will need to be applied to your setup here.
        1. Manually start TWS from the desktop, if you have two accounts start it up twice with each account logged in.
        2. When platform has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value. Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username. Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
        3. In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
        4. Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.

Note: The Client ID can remain at default setting only the port needs changing.

This does not require a Multi-Broker License, however to trade live with NinjaTrader you will need a Live License Key.

Within NinjaTrader you can select the Account you wish to submit a strategy to from the Account drop down menu used when enabling your strategy via your chart or the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

For information on working with strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post kujista
        by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
        1 response