Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashes when IB connection is lost

Hi Ninjas,

I've notified this issue earlier, hoping that it could addressed with updates, so I'd like to explain what this all about:

Interactivebrokers aprox, from 11.45 pm till 00.45 am does a reset in its serves, during this time the data connection known as "DataFarmConnection" is broken, therefore NT can update data, but even more annoying is that NT software crashes completly; so if one has left the pc alone not only Algos stops but also the data feed is lost for that day, so these are my questions:

- Why, despite IB's servers reset I'm still able to see data incoming in my TWS during this period of time?

- Is there any configuration, wheter in connection (IB) or within NT that despite the temporary stops of data feed, NT wasn't crashed? If it's no solution to this issue, definitively it should be addressed in coming updates, this is very important and it needs to be solved, otherwise traders using IB connection can have a BOT working 24/7

Please let me know any useful info to solve this.

Thanks in advance

I apologyze for those "CAN'T" that didn't come out in my communication.

Comment

Pstrusi,

Unfortunately this is expected with TWS, as it forces the reset nightly. The crashing is unexpected, and if you would like we could look into this further. However, the daily disconnect from IB is forced from their end and thus we would be unable to change this.

There are some work around's however,

@Henrik: IB have a lot of good things, I'm with them for years now, but IB datafeed, time based or ticks (which are badly aggregated ticks, 4 snapshots/seconds, no more...) is really not the first choice... Whats the alternative (Spot FX)? Only MB. But MB have bad bugs with NT (crashed if a strategy manage a position over the rollovertimes, with NT6.5 and also NT7beta). Auto Log Off TWS: I try another tool, I've forget the name of this tool, I write it down tomorrow here.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam, maybe you misunderstand the issues, I'm not talking about the automatic log-off from IB in my TWS, what I mean is despite I have running perfectly my TWS, there's a period of time that some data from IB terminates (but in some how more data continues to show in the TWS ), but the problem is that for weird broken data, my NT crashes completly, at least it should stop feed data and resume whenever it comes again, but without crashing...is this possible to avoid?

Comment

pstrusi,

Please send a support request to support at ninjatrader dot com along with a description of your issue. We may need private data files to help you resolve.

Comment

I'll send again my traces and log files to support (which I have done before), plus the thread link. I hope that there's a technical chance to address this issue.

Who will I send my mail to? Att. Who?

Thanks

Comment

pstrusi,

Are you currently working with anyone on this issue? If not, please send to ATTN : Adam.

Comment

Hi Adam, I'm happy to notify you that the problem is solved.

I checked the configuration of my Interactivebrokers connection and I had mistakenly selected BACKUP DATAFEED CONNECTION as INTERACTIVEBROKERS when in must be NONE, as well the SSL SOCKET must be left in Blank.

The issue didn't happen any more.

If any further help regarding this issue I'll let you know.

Thanks for your attention

Comment

pstrusi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Please feel free to contact us any time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JoMoon2024  
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes