Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtle disconnect

Data Source: Kinetick

I am running some automated strategies and leave the dedicated computer on 24 hours to capture the automated trading.

The problem is that when briefly glancing at the control center with the strategies tab open and the market analyzer in the background.

The lower left bar shows GREEN and CONNECTED - KINETICK...so I think everything is fine. After the markets close, I have the system set to reset the connection at 4:15pm CST.

The business day starts around the world around 6pm CST and Japan is one of the first currencies to start the day. One would have to really stare at the Market Analyzer to confirm data is being feed.

THE DAMN GREEN LIGHT IS on, but NO DATA is being sent through.

What in the name of Heaven is going on.

Can someone tell me what this is.

And by the way...my internet connection is solid with two backup connections should I go dark on my end.

So it is either 1. my side 2. somewhere in between 3. or Kinetick.

Hello Ironplates,

Thank you for your post.

Please advise what instruments you are viewing that do not show data at the open of their respective markets. In addition, does this only occur during the market open and with these specific instruments? Have you viewed this on other markets?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Australian dollar, British pound, Canadian dollar, Euro, Japanese yen, Swiss franc, light sweet crude, S&P 500, Comex gold, NASDAQ, dow Jones, 30 year treasury, corn futures, 10 year treasury, two year treasury, wheat futures.

All for the month ending of june 2012

Comment

This occurs during respective market opens with these specific instruments. No idea, no interest if other instruments are affected.

Comment

Hello Ironplates,

Could it be the session template selected in the Market Analyzer excludes the current time, so it does not receive real-time data? You select the session template in the Market Analyzer Properties menu. If you select the 'Default 24/7' session template, it does not exclude any time.

Can you please open a Time and Sales window and check if you receive real-time data there at 6:00 PM CST.

If the issue remains, please send us your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=49582' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses