Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about tick data

Hi,

Guessing this might be one of the most asked questions.

I haven't used ninjatrader in about 2 years, and I am trying to come up to speed as quickly as possible again on writing code and getting data on which to back-test.

First and foremost, I am trying to get tick data back for at least 90 days and preferably a couple of years without spending a fortune. Is there a free 30 day trial that would give me access to 90 days+ of tick data?

I have a Bloomberg terminal, so I can get 30 days of tick data as a start, but I need to remember how to import from Excel into Ninjatrader. Could you remind me how to import data into Ninjatrader from Excel?

I'm not looking for a free lunch, but I need to keep budget down for testing period. I'm thinking there has to be some platform out there who would be excited to set up a free trial period in exchange for the possibility of significant future volume, which is definitely a possibility in this situation. I would like to get up and running as quickly as possible though (like, tomorrow) so if I need to buy data I will.

Hello cello2econ,

Thank you for your post.

Historical data can be imported from a text file with a ".txt" extension within the Import tab of the Historical Data Manager.
    For information on importing data in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

For information on data trials please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
    You can sign up for a Zen-Fire demo at the following link: http://zen-fire.com/pages/demo/ninja_demo.html

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post lightsun47  
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post 00nevest