Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New build release 7.0.0.1000.10

Hello,

how many months or years from today can i keep using my old build 7.0.0.1000.9 for live trading?

will i be "forced" to up-grade to 7.0.0.1000.10?

will i get a message from ninjatrader warning me that my old build 7.0.0.1000.9 (the build im using now for live trading) will "stop working" in "X" number of days? (i.e. a forced up-grade). How does this work and what will the message actually say (i need to get prepared for this)?

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Rod

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your post.

There is no set time for when release 7.0.1000.9 will be required to upgrade to a newer release. However, it is recommended to upgrade NinjaTrader 7 to the latest release as we do implement fixes, updates and improvements to the NinjaTrader 7 platform.

You can view release notes at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm

You can download NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.10 from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

This is an over the top installation and there is no need to uninstall your current version of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post

This is an over the top installation and there is no need to uninstall your current version of NinjaTrader.
      PatrickH...Is that true for those of us who are still at build 7.0.1000.6?

Comment

Hello Prov1322,
        Thanks for writing in and I am replying for Patrick.

Yes this is true if you are upgrading from NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 however depending on your connectivity provider/broker you may have to upgrade the client application of your connectivity provider.

Please refer to the upgrade guide here

You may also like to read the connection guide for your connectivity provider from here
        Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for your reply. Do you know if I will get a NinjaTrader "message" (pop-up dialog box on my PC screen) that tells me when I am not permitted to us NT build 7.0.0.1000.9 anymore? I would be shocked if all of a sudden my specific NT build "stopped working" without any warning or message from NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,
            Thanks for your post and I am replying for Patrick.

NinjaTrader depends on your broker's/connectivity provider's software to connect to your live account. If your brokers software gets updated, NinjaTrader too has to be updated accordingly. As such old versions of NinjaTrader may not be compatible and you have to update NinjaTrader.

With NinjaTrader all future upgrades are free, so you wont get any expired message. You can always download the new version and use your existing license key.

Comment

Hi Patrick, you mentioned in your first post that "There is no set time for when release 7.0.1000.9 will be required to upgrade to a newer release." My actual question is: How will I know when I am required to upgrade to a newer release? Would I get an NT message telling me that I must upgrade to a newer build by date DD/MM/YYYY or within "X" days ?

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,
                Yes, you will get a popup message when you start NinjaTrader when a new version is released.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes