Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Server Disconnect

Hi,

I am trading a sim account and routing orders to Collective2.

I was wondering why nothing was going through to C2 for a number of hours despite signals being generated and Hypothetical trades being displayed in NT.

The only way to analyse what happened AFTER the event was to look at the logs.
    I noted one message saying 'Order Server Disconnect'. But the Control Panel had everything appearing to run as normal.
    The last-resort fix was to shut down and restart NT. It resumed working afterwards.
    This is an obviously totally unacceptable solution as there is no way of knowing if NT is working or not.

Interactive Brokers has a red/green indicator that gives you the status of the Market Data Server as well as the Orders Server, Collective2 doesn't.

This Order Server appears to be on the NT side so I was hoping there was a way of checking the status of it during auto-trading.

Could you please advise,

Regards

abfc123,

Here are some methods of connection loss handling :

Orders would be sent by NinjaTrader, however we do not have order routing servers on our end. NinjaTrader is not a broker nor a data provider. An order routing server would typically be with your data provider.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem was that it was disconnected but despite being configured to send an email in that circumstance, none was sent.

Is this a problem common to C@?

Also, is there any more documentation re disconnects? That appears very minimal information.

Regards

Comment

abfc,

It could be that you were still connected to the data provider but lost connection to the order routing server. Then, you would still be reported as being connected except lost the order routing. This indicates a connection issue. It could be firewall settings, a proxy, router settings, bad network cable, wireless interference, etc. Generally, this shouldn't happen after the connection issue is resolved.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses