Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulator not working

Hello,
    This appears to be a recurrent issue. After connecting to, for example, Kinetick end of day, I close the connection and connect to the simulator with a new chart set to Tick, value 233. The chart immediately fills with data, whereas one would expect it to be blank,save for the first bar produced by the simulator. In addition, the simulator does not add any further bars. I tried resetting the simulator account, resetting the DB, rebooting NT7 (latest multi-broker, live version) running on a new Falcon 37X computer, all to no avail. Therefore, nothing I have done has succeeded in getting the simulator to work, although, I should mentioned that it did work sometime in the past. Any suggestions?

P.S. the control center shows that simulated data is being created, but it is not getting to the charts. However, I reset the session template to 24/7, and for now it's working again ... just not sure it this is a fluke or an operator oversight?
    Last edited by ron7797; 04-21-2012, 11:17 AM.

ron,

What is your session template set to? You can check by right clicking your chart > go to Data Series > Check the "Session template field.

Even if you connect to Kinetick EOD, your charts may pull historical data saved to your hard drive.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your reply.
      The session template was initially set to the default,however, changing it to 24/7 seems to have rectified the problem.
      Thanks again.

Comment

ron,

Yes, the chart was probably defaulting to a session template that didn't include Saturday and Sunday times. If data comes in outside the date ranges and/or times in the session template it won't display on the chart.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses