Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace Saving only upon exit

Hello,

I noticed a flaw in the way ninjatrader saves workspaces. If you save the workspace it doesn't actually save until ninjatrader is exited so if it crashes unexpectedly you lose your most recent save. Maybe for next realease you could fix this issue as losing your most recent work is a pain to re-configure. If I hit save than exit, re-open ninjatrader, no problems save works fine. Only when you save but it crashes. For example save and unexpectedly turn off computer and it won't go to most recent workspace but previously saved one.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

When you go to Control Center->File->Workspaces->Save Workspace this will save the workspace to disk as soon as you press the save button.

I suspect what you are seeing is the workspace getting corrupted upon a crash, I dont suspect that would happen every time but could see it happen.

The question I have is why is your NinjaTrader crashing unexpectedly? This is not normal and this is what I would want to focus on.

Please send in logs and traces vie the control center->help->mail to support and reference this post so we can look into this.

-Brett

Comment

My ninjatrader hasn't crashed in a long time but those are the times I noticed it. Also if maybe my power goes out it doesn't load from last save even if I manually hit save workspace, It opens the one before it. Also yesterday I saved it but today accidentally closed a window. I had not saved its since yesterday so I closed ninjatrader but didn't not hit save upon exiting. I then re-opened ninjatrader and it did not load the last save but the one before it. I feel it does not instantly save the workspace when I manually hit save workspace. Please run some tests on your end. Biggest problem is if my computer randomly turns off due to power outage, windows crash, etc you lose all your work so to feel completely comfortable I must close/re-open ninjatrader for it to properly save which is just a waste of time.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information.

Tests fine on my side for saving workspaces.

Only thing I can think of you would run into is that the workspace load order is not saved until you shutdown NinjaTrader and click yes to all. So you may need to manually open the workspace again but it should be saved in the state you clicked save workspace.

As always its a good idea to do backups when you can.

-Brett

Comment

Try this. Open ninjatrader then open 2 charts. Close ninjatrader save all. Re-open ninjatrader and same workspace opens with 2 charts. Now close 1 chart. Do the manual save, as in File -> Workspaces -> Save Workspace. Now pull the power on your computer. Re-open ninjatrader and the 2 charts will be there not 1.

Comment

Test pass on my side.

Although I ended the NinjaTrader.exe process instead of pull power cord. You should never pull power cord on a PC that is a good way to crash a hard drive.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes