Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing data to chart

Hi

I created an instrument called ESTEST, patterned after the ES 06-12 instrument, with a kinetick map of @es, with all the same info, just a different name..
    I succesfully imported historical data I got from Pitrading (see included) - as I want data from before 2005 (seems to be the oldest ES data available). Okay, I can chart it and it updates to the current data as well. That's great.

Does the historical data take precedent or does Kinetick's Free EOD data take precedent. I mean, the import was 1997-early april 2012 and Kinetick's is 2005 to present, what data is used for 2005-2012? Kinetick's or the import?

I ask because I trust Kinetick over the import and would like that data. I guess I could just edit the import down, eh?

Oh, before I import the data to the real ES instruments, Can I remove imported data if I find out it's full of errors later?

Well, I found out the import is garbage data. Damn. Is there any way to get ES data before 2005 from Kineticks free EOD data?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stockgoblin; 04-14-2012, 10:47 AM.

Hello stockgoblin,

Thank you for your post.

1.) When you first upload your data, the uploaded data will take precedent or be used in the chart. If you ever reload the data, Kinetick data will load over this data and be used. Please see the "When does NinjaTrader load historical data?" section of this link for more detailed information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

2.) Yes, you can edit the import data using the Historical Data Manager.

3.) Yes, you can just right click in your chart and select "Reload all historical data" or delete the data in the Historical Data Manager.

4.) Unfortunately we are not aware of any services that provide more historical data. You can check with all of our data providers at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#Technology
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Historical data

Hello,
      I have a problem with historical data. I have bought historical data (e-mini Nasdaq from 2000 to 29.7.2011), but when I want to see chart, the chart is displayed only from 9.6.2011 to 29.7.2011. I am sending attachment (chart setting). Please let me know, what is wrong. Thank you very much.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Baruska; 04-15-2012, 04:27 AM.

Comment

okay, i've examined both ways - es strung together and es contracts with offsets and I'm convinced that just stringing them together is the proper way the chart is to be displayed. Thanks for your help. See ya at the pentagon! Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhyminkevin  
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47