Trying to set up workspace before going live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to set up workspace before going live

My strategies are not fully automated yet, but I am planning to be trading live within the next few days. I have been using ninjatrader for about a month now, but primary focus has been in strategy analyser. I am just learning the ins and outs of ninjatrader's trade execution side.

I'm trying to set up my workspace. have four monitors and will be trading up to 16 markets. I make decisions and enter orders once a day, so I trade based on daily charts. In the past, with other platforms, I usually set up a small daily chart of every market I watch on 2 of the monitors. I'm on the simulator now, but want to set up my pages for when I go live. I have watch a few tuturials on youtube, but for some reason I cannot set up a default chart. I go to templates and save as default, but it's not taking.

Please advise. Thanks!

kingerie,

Whenever you set as the default template it doesn't stay? You can also setup other templates there. Do those work for you?

Are you saving your workspace after you setup your charts? This should save all open charts, etc. for the next time you load it.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm trying to save a default chart, specifically the size of the chart window, so that I can fit 16 charts on one screen. 4x4. Then save to workspace.

When I size the chart the way I want it, then save as default chart, it does not save the size of the window. Do I need to size the window manually, then save workspace?

Market Analyser template saved fine.

Comment

kingerie,

I would suggest using a workspace for this functionality. The chart template itself doesn't have any window size parameters.

There are also tools for managing your windows that are more powerful than the base tools provided by Microsoft.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sofortune, Today, 10:05 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
        Started by ETFVoyageur, 05-07-2024, 07:05 PM
        23 responses
        0 likes