Saving workspace = no charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving workspace = no charts

When i close NT it asks me if i wanna save my workspace, which consists of 3 charts. When i click yes, next time i launch NT and select my workspace the charts are gone. Looks like when i close NT it closes the charts and saves the workspace without the charts.

How can i get my charts back ???

If NT didn't shutdown normally or you ever see the dialog "can't run two instances of NT", it's very high possibility that NT forgot your workspace filename and create a new empty workspace for you, but your workspace file should still there, try "open workspace..." to reload, see if it helps.

Comment

What i ment is this.

i Close NT, windows pops up asking me if i wanna save workspace, i click yes save all, when i open NT again and choose my workspace file i get no charts loaded. As if NT closed all my charts and saved workspace without any charts.

Comment

danhoff,

Have you tried saving your workspace as a different name? You can load workspaces when you go to File > Open Workspace.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
          danhoff,

Have you tried saving your workspace as a different name? You can load workspaces when you go to File > Open Workspace.
          I have the same issue as danhoff - workspace is saved but the charts are gone next time I start NT. Loading or switching the workspace doesn't make any difference - charts are still gone. This is some kind of bug because it doesn't happen every time I save the workspace but maybe once in 5-10 saves. What is the location i.e. a file/folder where workspaces are saved? Perhaps I can back up the file/folder so I don't have to re-create the workspace from scratch every time.
          Last edited by Jozef_aka_JB; 09-03-2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

When exiting NinjaTrader please save your Workspace manually by going to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace-->Exit NinjaTrader-->Select "No to All".

Please let me know if your Workspace then populates as it was saved after testing with this method over the next few days.

Workspaces are saved in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->Workspaces folder.

You can also create a backup by going to File-->Utilities-->Backup. Once your Backup file has been created it can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

More information about creating a Backup and how to Restore can be found at the link I have provided below:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Some problem here.

I try different methods and not open.

Comment

Please go to File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace-->Select your Workspace then click Open. If no windows populate can you tell me if you see any windows displayed within the Windows task bar.

If you do not see any windows listed can you tell me if you have a Backup of NinjaTrader created.

Comment

In task bar not see, only Ninja with hifen with name of workspace.
                  I have a backup.

I try open others... and not.. but try other and Open...
                  And now in task bar there are the name of windoes.

One opens other no...
                  Other thing...
                  In one of various trys when I close some one other open... strange.

Comment

I would suggest restoring NinjaTrader with the backup file you had previously created by going to File-->Utilities-->Restore.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      When exiting NinjaTrader please save your Workspace manually by going to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace-->Exit NinjaTrader-->Select "No to All".

Please let me know if your Workspace then populates as it was saved after testing with this method over the next few days.

Workspaces are saved in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->Workspaces folder.

You can also create a backup by going to File-->Utilities-->Backup. Once your Backup file has been created it can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

More information about creating a Backup and how to Restore can be found at the link I have provided below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm
                      I'll try File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace-->Exit NinjaTrader-->Select "No to All" over the next week or two and will let you know if it helped. Thanks.

Comment

Manual save seems to work fine.

I did a bit testing and managed to reproduce the bug few times. It was always when I had more than one workspace opened and when saving at exit (clicking "yes" for each workspace or just "yes to all" - no difference), many times (not always though for some reason), the XML file in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->Workspaces of the currently active workspace got truncated - it had 400KB before, 2KB after save. This also explains why manual re-opening of the workspace doesn't bring the charts back.

As I said, manual save works fine as a work-around and I also create backups but apparently something still needs fixing here to be able to use save at exit.

Cheers
                        Jozef

Comment

I had the same issue. I solved going to "c:\documents\ninjatrader\workspace" copy the workspace file on the desktop. I do that everyday before shutdown the platform. If ninja dont open the chart i put the file from the desktop in the folder. And it works well, but i hope ninja will resolve this bug.

(Sorry for the english"

Comment

Try this:

Give a name to all workspace and close.
                            Before shutdone the Ninja create a New workspace. And this workspace is empty.
                            Shut Done now the Ninja and say Yes to save all.
                            Open the Ninja and open saved workspace and all are preserved.

Another:
                            you not have close the workspaces:
                            since before shutdone let open one empty workspace
                            shutdone Ninja and say Yes all..
                            Open.. and all preserved...

Comment

Halloween 2014 - this problem still here!

I'm searching Google for a reason why my charts disappear when I shut down (basic, basic stuff guys) and I see this thread from 2013 - still no one at Ninjatrader has bothered to fix this massive bug??

Quite bizarre.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usazencort  
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses