Problems building my own momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems building my own momentum

I'm trying to bulid my own momentum with different input and reading your help book, I understand that Close[0]-Close[14] should be like a 14 period momentum of closing prices, but it isn't, in fact the [14] looks like if I was trying to "call" another serie of data..so my question:

Imagine NT wouldn't have a "Momentum" indicator already loaded, and I wanted to build one, how would you construct one with " Close[0]-Close[x] " data?

I've tried everything and it doesn't work like the help reference tells

Thanks in advance

pstrusi, sorry I'm not following what issueing you feel running into : Close[0] - Close[14] would mean you substract the Close price from 14 bars ago from the current bar's Close price (the last closed one with CalculateOnBarClose = true). This would represent the 'raw' momentum so no smoothing, percentage / relative comparison etc be done to it. If you chart your own outcome and compare to NT's momentum, what would you see? What would you expect instead?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In theory it should be like you say but something happens that it doesn't. Try to build an indicator like you say and you'll see that when you call it on a chart it doesn't come out anything, no result, no plot at all

Anyway I solved this issue in other way, however thanks for your quick attention

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
        In theory it should be like you say but something happens that it doesn't. Try to build an indicator like you say and you'll see that when you call it on a chart it doesn't come out anything, no result, no plot at all

Anyway I solved this issue in other way, however thanks for your quick attention
        The issue is then somewhere else, check the log tab of the NT Control Center for any errors in those cases where codes not work as expected for you.

You likely simply missed a check for enough bars at your OnBarUpdate() start -

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 03-30-2012, 05:34 AM.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot, I think that's it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71