Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM STRATEGY SELECTION MODE (Trading 2 Styles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM STRATEGY SELECTION MODE (Trading 2 Styles)

On the ATM Strategy Selection mode I want to use DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly.

However, this option does not work when you Select NONE on ATM Strategy.

I like to run two different strategies on 2 different charts and I need to be able to separate the two trades so I dont get confused.

It works great when you have an ATM Strategy but if I want to select NONE it does not split the 2 trades.

Can you please advise how I may be able to accomplish trading 2 strategies in two charts at the same time using one chart with ATM none?

Thanks

PEDRO

Hi Pedro,
    This is a display setting only and is only available for trading with ATM strategies.

If you have a live NinjaTrader license, you can create and use multiple simulation accounts. Each chart could be set to a different account. You can see this link for more information on creating multiple sim accounts.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Why do you have to select an ATM strategy in order for this to work? It would be nice if it would work even if NONE is selected on the ATM Strategy.

So the only way to accomplish this (run 2 different orders with NONE ATM Strategy) would be by opening a new account with my broker?

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Right - this is strictly for ATM strategies. This is designed as a display setting so you could try different ATM settings or trade directions. Its main benefit is holding opposing "virtual" positions on a simulated account that are separately managed by an ATM strategy.

Accounts can only have one position at a time and order entry windows display the position for the account selected. What is it that you would ultimately like to see here? Unique position information per order entry window? I can submit this idea to our development team but it would most likely be considered dangerous to present position information this way.

Comment

Yes,

I might be long on a very short time fram but LONG on a longer time frame. I want to manage both positions independently.

Unfortunately, i dont use an ATM on the longer time frame as I prefer to update manually the position.

So the only way I see I can manage this situation is with 2 accounts...... Unless you can send as an idea for your team development

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Yes, two accounts would work for this. I've also submitted your suggestion to development team for consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes