Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader Doesn't reconnect to Zen-Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Doesn't reconnect to Zen-Fire?

I had another occurrence today which I have periodically with NT/Zen-Fire. My IB is Mirus and clears through Dorman. I got the dreaded connection lost to Zen-Fire around 11:03 (MDT) and since I wasn't in a trade I thought I would see if NT would reconnect to ZF. It didn't (I waited 20 minutes). I then selected disconnect from the menu and then selected connect. I got the "connecting" message but it just sat there and never connected (waited 10 minutes). I shut down NT restarted NT and I was able to connect to Zen-Fire immediately. I really dont think that ZF suddenly became available in the 30 seconds it took me to to that. It looks to me like it is either a NT software or my system issue that requires me to restart NT to reconnect.

Can you tell me what is happening?

Does NT try and reconnect when a ZF connection is dropped?
    Why wouldn't NT reconnect when I tried but was able to immediately do so after restarting NT?

This has symptoms of being software related. I have my firewall and virus software turned off. I try to run only NT when I'm trading. Using Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit and NT 64 bit.

I am concerned about this phenomenon because I think it indicates some possible connection unreliability either in NT or my system which I would like to get corrected.
    Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 630011

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hey Guys, was there a resolution to this issue?
      Thanks,
      G

Comment

Hello,

We found that their was a connection loss event and there was no software issues detected.

Connection loss is reported from the zenfire API to NinjaTrader and this occurs when the internet connection or ISP goes to an unstable state.

If you also send in your log and trace files if you are having a similar issue we can check into this for you to confirm this is what is going on.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes