NT and real-time PC backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT and real-time PC backup

Discovered something (with the assistance of NT_Joydeep) about using a "real-time" or "always on" physical backup system. The 2.5TB backup unit I have uses software that is constantly scanning the system for files to backup.

Discovered that this interferes with the performance of NT7.x and causes shut-down errors, particularly when the backup scans the file "NinjaTrader.sdf"

I do not know if the same is true for "cloud-based" backup systems like Mozy or Carbonite.

So, I may be the only person not to know that but did want to pass it along so that another trader can benefit from this information.

BTW, the suggestion was also made that it could also have been the real-time Anti-Virus (in this case, free version AVG) but that was not the situation for me as AVG does not create a conflict with using NT with this desktop system.

All the best!

Hello Prov1322,
    Thanks for sharing the information.

To clarify further, NinjaTrader writes/stores necessary information in the NinjaTrader.sdf and other data files. If any other application (like backup tools or anti-virus) accesses the files at the same time then there can be a file sharing violation and that may cause NinjaTrader to throw an error.

In case of anti-virus please add the folder <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\ in the list of exceptions in your anti-virus settings.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post futtrader  
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response
    0 likes