Data feed accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed accuracy

How accurate is live data? I am currently running CQG. My brother in law is running Trading Technologies. We both are running the same chrts and the same stratigies and trading the same futures contracts. However, the live feed comming in CQG vs TT is drasticaly different, causing us to have totaly different actual trades. TT data performs better that the CQG data.

To try and sort this out I ran a simulated TT feed and it too was running totaly different than that of my brothers actual TT feed.

Is this a problem with my connections? Is this difference inherient to the various data providers? Is there settings on my Ninja Trader that need to be addressed. It is difficult to develope stratigies and collaborate with my Brother in law when such large discrepencies show up in the data.

Please advise

Hello kevins38,

Thank you for your post.

Real-time data from both of these data providers is typically quite accurate, but different data sources will produce different charts, especially when using tick based intervals vs time based intervals.

Market data vendors each employ various methods for tick filtering, throttling and time stamping. As a result, no data stream is 100% identical and thus can cause subtle differences in charts. Since NinjaTrader supports many of the leading brokerage and data feed technologies, it is highly likely that two traders using NinjaTrader on different data feeds will have minor differences when plotting the same market and time interval.

That said, real-time data from a single source should match provided that the two PC's use the same settings.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes