Saturday Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Trading?

According to my charts, as I leave Ninja logged on over the weekend, the ER2 and NQ traded on Saturday 5th Jan 2008 at 12:30pm til 12:36pm CST. Does anybody else have this?

I did not have my charts open during those times so I can't deny or confirm for you. Curious, what data feed are you on?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ZenFire, very strange, its not a blip, over 16,000 contracts trading between a price of 732.2 and 737.0 in the russell.

Comment

Disregard it. Sometimes on that feed we get some blip data from the exchanges on Saturday.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also get the same problem with ES and ER.

I don't leave it logged on, but when I load my data on monday it still picks up this 'blip data'

I can visually ignore it, but my problem is that indicators take that into account. This especially stuffs up pivots and previous OHLC etc.

Is there anyway i can delete this data from the historical data? or modify it so that my indicators ignores this 'blip data'?

My local time is AEST (GMT +11), which means I can't just check the 'exclude weekends' option becuase then it will exclude the data from midnight saturday AEST (12am saturday AEST to 8:15am saturday AEST) even though this is still a weekday at the exchange CME.

anybody with a solution for this problem?

Comment

In 6.5 you can select Tools > Historical Data > Delete and select the day with the blip which is usually Saturday.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              In 6.5 you can select Tools > Historical Data > Delete and select the day with the blip which is usually Saturday.
              The problem with deleting the Saturday data is it will also delete the data that I want.

I want to delete blip data that is outside of trading hours ie. data after 8:15am (AEST GMT+11) Saturday (ie. 4:15pm EST Friday).

Can I delete data of specific times? not whole days...?

Comment

Unfortunately specific data editing is unavailable. What you can do is limit charting to RTH only. Double click on your chart and you can edit Session Begin and End times.

Comment

Thanks Josh. Sorry but what does RTH stand for?

I've already edited the session begin and end times. The problem is i want to see all data on the ES from 8:30am to 8:15am (AEST), which means theres only 15 minutes that I don't want (ie when it is closed). This means that on saturday after 8:30am till the market opens again it will have extra data I can't exclude.
                  because if I exclude the data then i wont see the data on monday morning (AEST) when it opens again.

If there's anyway around this it would be great. Thanks!

Comment

RTH stands for regular trading hours. You can try reloading your data. That might clean up the data in your database. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Reload.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes