"Connection Lost"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Connection Lost"

Sometimes, never during US market open hours, always during US regular market close, and usually just during lulls/breaks in the Globex market I believe, I see that my data feed connection to barchart drops and I hear a verbal message that ninjatrader has lost connection. the rest of my internet connection appears to be fine but I have no way of knowing if there was a temporary cut in the juice really. In any event these drops last at most a couple seconds before the connection reestablishes automatically. To what is this owed? Is it a problem with data? data after hours? NT? There is no clear time that it happens. In other words it doesnt happen automatically at 4:15 eastern or whenever globex closes. But it always seems to happen around there. I noticed it happened today, Sunday, before any of the markets opened.

I am a fairly new user so apologies if this has been covered or is well understood to happen.

Hello,

Please contact me with an email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In that message, please include a link to this thread and a copy of today's trace file.
    You'll find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    The file I need is named 'trace.20120311.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

today happen to me i lose connection after 2 or 3 minutes the connection is back and it works fine. i don't want to trade in this condition what to do ???

Comment

Hello acmarius83,

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader, which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues
        - Hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
        - Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection
        - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
        - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

When you lose connection, NinjaTrader will try to reconnect automatically. It was able to re-establish the connection after 2-3 minutes.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i understand and tank you for all the info giving out there
          the thing was i lost connection 3 times in 30 minutes and reconnect back after 2 or 3 minutes, sorry for not giving all the info from first time

Comment

Hello acmarius83,

To assist you further please email me your log and trace files from the date of the disconnection to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Please append Attn:ChrisS in the subject line add a link to this thread in the email body.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt". For example, today's log will be named log.20120314.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM