Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CL lags for a few minutes with NT and zen-fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL lags for a few minutes with NT and zen-fire.

In the afternoon, when I connect to NinjaTrader 7 64 on Windows 7 64 with zen-fire, ES chart displays instantly, but the May chart for CL takes a few minutes to sync to the actual prices being printed.

I have the latest version of your software. To replicate the issue, on computer open a CL 3 min candle chart for say 30 min just let it run. Now start up a second computer, start NT, connect to Zen-Fire, make sure you previously had a chart created for CL with same min time frame. Compare the charts from the 2 computers, I think the chart from the 2nd computer will still either show the previous day or will not be in sync in some way.

After awhile, the price does seem to show correctly on the chart.

Hey islandwizard . . .

Does your DOM show different prices or do they match the "late" data feed?

Comment

island,

I will attempt to replicate this when I am back in the office tomorrow.

In my experience I haven't seen anything like this, but I will attempt your replication steps.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

islandwizard,

You may be experiencing an issue with contract expiries. You can either go to the instrument manager and automatically set them, or disable your merge policy.

Please go to Tools > Instrument Manager > Update the "Expiry" field,

OR

Go to Tools > Options > Data > Set Merge policy to DoNotMerge.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I was not able to trade today, but I will try the expiry steps that you mentioned and let you know. In regards to DOM showing a different price. Yes, DOM shows a different price than what my chart shows.

Also, when for example on Sunday, when I placed a real money order for CL May contract, it appeared on the chart at the price the DOM showed but way above the price being displayed on the chart. I believe the DOM price is the right price since that is price when I made profit on the trade not the chart price.

Comment

If I set DataPolicy to donotmerge, none of my charts work including ES. Also, I can't even create a new working chart.

However, if I set the DataPolicy back to standard, and create a new April chart of CL, both the chart and the DOM are correct.

Maybe the issue is that when the CL contract expires, my CL stops staying in sync, and I need to create a new CL chart for new month that I want to use.

I don't have this issue with the ES chart. I guess the only way for you guys to replicate the problem with CL is for example, create an April CL chart and put a few standard indicators on the chart. Then let it run each day for awhile to build up some data. Then in instrument manager, add the May CL expiry. Then go to the April chart pull down, and change it to the May expiry, then see if the chart stays in sync with the DOM.

I guess the only work around for me if this issue can't be fixed in an update from you, is to create a new chart each month for CL, and reapply all of my indicators that I use from the previous month's chart and/or do this any time I become out of sync.

Comment

islandwizard,

In this instance I would recommend updating the expiry. Please find instructions below.

Let me know if that works.

Comment

I know how to update the expiry. I have to do it every month for CL and every 3 months for ES.

Today, I switched my CL chart back to 04/12 and was able to trade April expiry. I then created a new May chart for CL. (Yes by updating the expiry, please stop repeating this response).

The May chart now showed the correct price on the DOM and on the chart. So I then recreated all my indicators in the May chart. If it stays good on Friday, I will then delete the April chart, and use this as a work around solution to create a new CL chart for the following month before the current month I am using expires.

Comment

Hello islandwizard,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Please open the Options menu's data tab by clicking Tools > Options > Data.
                  Which 'Merge Policy' is in place?
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Merge back adjusted.

But I just saw in another thread how I can save my indicators as a template and just load the chart template, so if this works, I will no longer be frustrated, it will save tons of time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bmartz
                    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes