Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Two Pats exchanges not supported by NT - how fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Pats exchanges not supported by NT - how fix this?

Hello,

Please see attached NT log below. NT log is saying that NT does not support PATS exchanges called ICE_NYBOT and ICE_WCE (see orange lines under default @ time 5:24:48 PM).

How can i fix this? In Instrument Manager (misc) for coffee, sugar, cotton, cocoa (NYBOT softs/now traded on ICE exchange) there is no symbol at all next to symbol map for "Patsystems" . what symbol or string should i put here: KC|ICE_NYBOT|0.01 or just KC or something else?? as i need to send KC, SB, CC, CT orders to my broker (pats). I also want to get rid of the 2 orange lines in the logs which says "exchange 'ICE_NYBOT' not supported by ninjatrader" and "exchange 'ICE_WCE' not supported by ninjatrader", how can i do this?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-05-2012, 06:03 PM.

Hello Rod,

Unfortunately these exchanges are not supported with NinjaTrader and Patsystems and cannot be fixed. This is due to a technical limitation of NinjaTrader. It is on our list of possible future enhancements to support these exchnages as per our next major release.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jason for reply. what do you mean that the ICE exchange is not supported by NT? For ICE (NYBOT) sugar#11 my NT is sending these orders to Pats at my broker and these orders are getting done in my live trading account. Its strange as it does not say that Pats "exchange CME_CBT is not supported by Ninjatrader" it only singles out ICE_WCE and ICE_NYBOT as not supported which is wierd as all 3 exchanges appear to be supported by NT in that NT can connect to and send orders to Pats for the markets on these exchanges like Coffee and Sugar on ICE (NYBOT). What do you mean by not supported, this gets me worried??
      Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, these exchanges are not supported with NinjaTrader. The same is reported at the forum thread below.

I am not sure why you are able to submit orders. What exchange do you have enabled in the Instrument Editor window for these instruments?

Do you receive data for these instruments in NinjaTrader when connected to Patsystems?

Comment

yes receiving price data for all ICE_NYBOT softs (cocoa, sugar, coffee and cotton) when connected to Pats.

Using "Nybot" in instrument editor for the exchange.

for symbol mapping im using for example: SB|ICE_NYBOT

can also send live orders to broker too.

seems like ICE "softs" are supported by NT when connecting to Pats??

But you have me real worried now as im about to start live trading in 2 hours time and i will be trading the ICE (NYBOT) "softs" with a NT DLL + TS set-up for automated trading. Can you find out from NT head office if I will have trouble trading softs with NT and Pats, will things become unstable somehow?? I nned to know in advance, as if there is going to be trouble i will have to switch to Zenfire+Mirus+RCG+NinjaTrader trading set-up.

thanks in advance.

regards

Rod
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-06-2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I have sent an email to my techinal support lead for clarification. He is not in the office yet. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.

Comment

ok. thanks. will wait until get answer before i go live, just in case somthing goes wrong when im asleep.

Comment

Hello,

I checked into this with Development.

Development does not recommend doing any custom mapping as you have done to trade these exchanges, as the exchanges are 100% not supported and the message is NinjaTrader generated. You may be able to get it to work however I do not know what the results would be on live trades. There are limitations with this exchanges and our NinjaTrader platform that I cannot unfortunately get into details on other then it is not supported.

It is up to you if you would like to place a test trade to see if it will work for your setup or transfer to a brokerage where you can trade this.

ICE exchanges are not supported by the following connection technologies.

TT
                Pats
                Kinetick

are the 3 that I know of that have issues with the ICE exchange.

-Brett

Comment

If I am trading futures markets on the ICE exchange using NinjaTrader (via Patsystems) am I likely to see the "limitations" you refer to if I'm only placing "market" orders to buy and sell ???

This is really important info to all of us who trade the "softs" which are very popular markets. Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately I could not speculate on that other then the code interface with NinjaTrader to pats reports incompatibility with this style of exchange from your Patsystems brokekr. Would not recommend using these exchanges for trading with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Brevo
                    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes