Database error and google finance connectivity problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database error and google finance connectivity problem

The above occurs when trying to launch the 32-bit version - the database file exists just fine, as the 64-bit version runs off the same file.

With the 64-bit version, I am unable to get the intraday chart to pull/use the data feed from google finance, despite having confirmation of connection and actual download of data. This is even with the simpliest stock such as Apple/AAPL -> File -> New -> Chart, 1 min default setting. After the chart window comes up, there is no attempt of data refill message as it tries to back-fill or load any data, just blank. I have been using ninjatrader for futures (ES+cqg feed, no problem) and such behaviour is first time for me.

Please pics below: pic 2 ninjatrader log confirms good connection, pic 1 showing connection + just under 10 mbyte downloaded from google).

Any thoughts?

System Spec:

Win 7 64-bit SP1 fully patch (updated last week), Athlon64 x4, 16gig ram.
    Last edited by looks; 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM.

1) NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed for 32-bit, whereas the 64-bit has the correct version

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know and provide me with your phone number so that I may call you to further assist.

2) Google Finance does not offer intraday minute data. Please try loading a daily chart and let me know if the data backfills.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quite reply, Matthew.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      1) NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition...
      Bizare, I never had this problem with 7.0.2/3/4 previously. Anyway, good to know.

2) Google Finance does not offer intraday minute data. Please try loading a daily chart and let me know if the data backfills.
      Both yahoo and google finance offers real-time quotes, is ninjatrader unable to capture those in real time? I find that strange as ninjatrader manage to do that with many forex quotes.

Comment

Sorry - the Google Finance API version we use does not offer intraday historical data. You will only be able to request historical daily data with this version of the adapter.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Matthew, consider problem solved. I will look for an alternative.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby