Two feed sources - IB & Kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two feed sources - IB & Kinetick

Up until now, I have been trading futures and Forex using an IB feed only. I recently added a Kinetick feed for equities only. My goal is to connect to both using IB for real time Futures & Forex data and Kinetick for real time stock data. I now have one of the following depending on connection order:

1. If I connect to IB first & Kinetick second, I get futures and forex from IB but only historical data from Kinetick . I am missing real time data for symbols supported by Kinetick but not supported by IB.

2. If I connect to Kinetick first and IB second, then I get no futures/forex real time data from IB.

My IB connection is set to get historical data from another source (Kinetick). I have read through the NT Multiple Connection instructions as well as other threads, but this just doesn't seem to work as it is stated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave H.

Hi Dave H,

Unfortunately it will not work as you would like it. Rules for multiple connection are here:

The second connection is only used if the first connection does not support the instrument type and interval type you're requesting. Data for each data provider is detailed here:

There is no way currently to have NT use IB for FOREX and Futures, and Kinetick for equities, since both connections support all 3 instrument types. If you connect to IB first, the kinetick connection would only be used for the historical tick data that IB doesn't supply. If you connect to Kinetick first, then it's used for all data requests.

We hope to provide increased flexibility in this area for the next major release but this would not be for some time down the road.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan:

Thanks for your prompt response. I understand , but I thought if Kinetick is the second connection, that it would provide real time data for a symbol not supported by IB. For example: NYSE Net Volume (NYSE Up - Down Volume). This is not supported by IB but is supported by Kinetick. I recieve the data for this symbol only when Kinetick is the first connection but not when IB is the first.

Comment

The second connection is only used if the first connection doesn't support the instrument type. It does not look at each individual instrument to determine if supported or not. If IB is the first connection, they're used for all index data requests, even if they don't offer the specific one you're requesting.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes