Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies and Positions folders

Hi,
    can somebody explain: I'm running my strategy on EUR ( 6E) and AUD ( 6A) charts on Ninja and I could see both of them ENABLED in the STRATEGIES folder but I only see 6A in POSITIONS folder.

Hello dhd1956,
    Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.
    Strategy and account position are different items. Each strategy instance is considered independent from any other strategies and the account. Additional information on this is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have 2 trades that were entered by 2 strategies I am running in live sim trading today. When I click on the Positions tab in the control center no positions are shown, even though the strategies bought 5 ES March 2012 contracts each. First time I have seen this happen. What could be the problem?

Comment

LTWCI, These are actual executions submitted by the strategy or historical ones? You can check the executions tab of control center to verify the strategy actually submitted and filled orders, and the positions tab should reflect activity from all executions made in the platform.

Comment

They were actual executions trading live in simulation. Minutes after I wrote the first query, when 1 of the positions sold, the other strategy position was there when I clicked on the position tab again.

Comment

Are these strategies placing opposing orders? If you have one strategy submitting long orders and another submitting short orders, then the net position on your account is flat.

Comment

The key here is--I had two open positions on ES and neither of them were showing up in the positions tab. In the Positions column in the control center, it was showing I had 2 open positions on ES. I've been monitoring the positions and so far it hasn't happened again.
              Last edited by LTWCI; 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Your account can't hold multiple positions for the same instrument. There is only one position per instrument/account that reflects activity from any strategies or discretionary trading.

I'm happy to take a look at your files to piece together what you experienced today.

Please send me your log, trace and database files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Make sure log/trace file is checked as well as database.

Please reference the following forum thread in the body of the email:
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I see. So, even though in the positions column in control center it was showing I had 2 positions open with 2 strategies. You're saying they were probably opposing positions ( long and short) ? I understand now. Two different positions can't be held with the same instrument.
                  Last edited by LTWCI; 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Great, yeah that's it. Some more background on this is available here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes