Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with the unstability of NT 7

I just installed Ninja trader. I had some issues here:
    For the x32 bit version, after I launch, connect to CQG with a demo credential from AMP futures, and then click the date tab circled (in my 1.png screenshot), I will get a hang. I have to kill this process. Actually, as soon as I selected Futures, I just need to click any tab in that orders ribbon, and NT7 would hang.

For the x64 bit version, as soon as I try to launch, I get this error in my 2.png screenshot. Then it will crash.
    What's wrong here? I am surprsed that the platform is so unstable. I am using windows 7 x64. With such obvious bugs, I think NT's test manager clearly should be fired!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	898233

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	898234
    Last edited by zehua; 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

On the second issue this means you do not have the microsoft componants that you need to run in the 64 bit side. I am going to recommend at this point that I have one of our computer tech's login to your PC on Monday Morning to look into your install to make sure everything is setup correctl and look into both issues.

Please email into support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post in the email and include your phone number and a good time in EST for us to contact on monday.

-Brett

Comment

Thank you Brett. Well, I don't have to use x64 bit version. If your x32 bit version can run perfectly, then why bother. In addition, I just found that this guy seems to have the same issue as mine. Have you found the problem for him?

For the first issue, it might be the symbol problem. In futures market, there is probably not a symbol named SPY, so when I try to click any of the dropdowns there, I get a hang. I think you definitely need to ask your developers to fix this. This is really annoying. We can occasionally enter a wrong symbol, and then your entire system freezes.

I feel that automated trading systems are like mission critical softwares that has to be fail proof. But a glance through your forum shows that you still have a lot of bugs, like enter orders incorrectly. I am not feeling very safe to start using your system for live trades. I hope you could stabilize your product and make it a great one.

Comment

Hello,

Next step here would be the following:

Please email into support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 614142

So that I can look further into this.,

-Brett

Comment

Thanks. Adam helped me with these issues during the weekend. My NT7 is fully working now. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielTynera  
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle